Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Addressing Pinterest traffic drops and impressions

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

@PinterestJanice and I wanted to address the issues reported in the Business Community regarding drops in impressions and traffic to your Pins.

We know that this is a very frustrating thing to experience after putting time and effort into making your content discoverable to Pinners around the world. Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. 

We know you’ve heard this in ticket responses from our team, but we wanted to add a little more color to this response. Oftentimes, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates, or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners. So, just like our users' interests evolve, we can expect the distribution of content to see natural ups and downs as well. 

We encourage creators to continue to post original, fresh Pins to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest. This is true whether you publish content through Pinterest directly or through a third party scheduling tool.

What are original, fresh Pins? The following resources are available if you want to ensure you are following Pin best practices.

• Pinterest Academy: self-paced courses to help you understand how to grow your business on Pinterest 
  • Business blog: read up on the latest with our platform and products
  • Creators site: check out our all-new page dedicated to creators on Pinterest 
  • Pinterest Trends: discover what Pinners are searching for and when

If you have specific questions or concerns about your account and traffic fluctuations, please file a ticket with our support team and they'll be able to assist you. This link routes directly to our team who deals specifically with these types of requests. 

Thank you all for being a part of our community and bringing issues like this to our attention. We are advocating for you and, while it may take time, will always do our best to share an official Pinterest stance on these topics as they arise.

8 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

I appreciate this response. However, I have contacted the help center several times and have yet to get an explanation of why I lost 13k followers in one day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @thetravel100, thanks for coming to the community and sharing your experience with us. Can you follow-up with your ticket # so we can take a peek and make sure your issue is being addressed appropriately? Just to be clear, the Business Community isn't a staffed support channel and we aren't able to make any changes to Pinterest accounts, but we can check on the status of support tickets and route to the right team as needed. Look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Kudos