Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Addressing Pinterest traffic drops and impressions

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

@PinterestJanice and I wanted to address the issues reported in the Business Community regarding drops in impressions and traffic to your Pins.

We know that this is a very frustrating thing to experience after putting time and effort into making your content discoverable to Pinners around the world. Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. 

We know you’ve heard this in ticket responses from our team, but we wanted to add a little more color to this response. Oftentimes, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates, or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners. So, just like our users' interests evolve, we can expect the distribution of content to see natural ups and downs as well. 

We encourage creators to continue to post original, fresh Pins to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest. This is true whether you publish content through Pinterest directly or through a third party scheduling tool.

What are original, fresh Pins? The following resources are available if you want to ensure you are following Pin best practices.

• Pinterest Academy: self-paced courses to help you understand how to grow your business on Pinterest 
  • Business blog: read up on the latest with our platform and products
  • Creators site: check out our all-new page dedicated to creators on Pinterest 
  • Pinterest Trends: discover what Pinners are searching for and when

If you have specific questions or concerns about your account and traffic fluctuations, please file a ticket with our support team and they'll be able to assist you. This link routes directly to our team who deals specifically with these types of requests. 

Thank you all for being a part of our community and bringing issues like this to our attention. We are advocating for you and, while it may take time, will always do our best to share an official Pinterest stance on these topics as they arise.

28 Kudos
25 Replies
thetravel100

I appreciate this response. However, I have contacted the help center several times and have yet to get an explanation of why I lost 13k followers in one day.

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @thetravel100, thanks for coming to the community and sharing your experience with us. Can you follow-up with your ticket # so we can take a peek and make sure your issue is being addressed appropriately? Just to be clear, the Business Community isn't a staffed support channel and we aren't able to make any changes to Pinterest accounts, but we can check on the status of support tickets and route to the right team as needed. Look forward to hearing from you. 

1 Kudo
inpressionedit

@PinterestGabbyI too have experienced the same overnight drop in Pinterest traffic that many others have reported here and in other threads. I filed a ticket using the link you've been sharing in your responses to other users: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact?current_page=about_you_page&business_issues=measurement_analyt...

However, it's been weeks since I filed the ticket, I've followed up several times, and I still haven't received a response. I've been following up by replying to the automated email I received when I filed the ticket. Am I supposed to be following up in another way?

I also don't see a ticket # anywhere in the automated email. It just has a generic reply saying that I will receive a response soon and a copy of the info I submitted in the ticket. Did this even get properly filed as a ticket? As I mentioned, I used the form that you've been linking to in your responses.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @inpressionedit, welcome to the community. Thanks for sharing your experience with us about the drop in traffic you've seen on your account. I was able to look up your ticket in our system and can see that our support team did indeed respond on Thursday saying they were passing over to the correct team to look into. I apologize for the delay, you should've received a follow-up from our team just now. Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with! 

0 Kudos
grinandprintprintables
Just visiting

I have so much spam going on I can't even keep up.  I tried to get help and it won't take my information.  I have never had to create so much in my life to keep up with Pinterest and I have a shop where I need to attend to other things.  All of this takes up so much time.  I create new pins every single day and post in tailwind and people are pinning other pins that don't even look like they took any time to create at all.  My video pins get view but no saves or clicks to my shop.  I used to get so much traffic word removed per Community Guidelines help.  Oh well. 

4 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@grinandprintprintables thanks for sharing your feedback on your experience with Pinterest, we hear you and understand how frustrating this must be. Have you connected with our support team so they can take a closer look at your account? If you haven't yet, I highly recommend submitting a ticket so they can see what's going on. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime and thanks again for sharing your experience with the community. 

0 Kudos
faithfoodfitnessblog
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby  I was manually pinning my pins and had over 1.3M monthly views. I then switched to Tailwindapp less than a month ago so I can ensure my pinning are within Pinterest toc.

Less than 3 weeks of using Tailwindapp, my traffic dropped from 1.3M to less than 500K and I have no idea what has just happened.

4 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @faithfoodfitnessblog, sorry to hear about your experience. 😞 Have you submitted a ticket to our support team yet? They're able to dig in and see if anything peculiar is happening with your account. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. 👍

0 Kudos
sunshineandrainblog

Morning Gabby,

Unfortunately I have been experiencing the same issues and haven't been able to reach the team yet. I make sure all of my pins are fresh, yet in the past three weeks audience reach has gone from 1-4k per pin to around 10-15. If you are able to help me in any way please I'd be very grateful!

I don't have a ticket number, I just got the bot response asking me to reply to the email. Not heard anything back so far. 

Many thanks, 

Emma

3 Kudos