Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

We want your feedback!

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

Happy Friday, everyone!

We’re about a month and a half in since the Business Community went live and @PinterestJanice and I would love to take a moment and hear from YOU, our community. This topic is for you all to share all your thoughts and feedback with us on this platform.

• What’s been working?
  • What could it use more of?
  • Where can we improve?
  • Is there anything disrupting your experience, either on Pinterest or in this community?
  • What content would you like to see in this space?

Please feel free to be candid so we can make sure we’re doing our best to make this platform a place where everyone can have the tools to succeed with Pinterest. We’re excited to embark on this journey and build something special with you all. Thank you for being a part of our community. ❤️

4 Kudos
30 Replies
madecreatively
Just visiting

@karen_whitworth, I too have been trying to get approved as a Verified Merchant since May with no luck. It sure would be nice to have a specific reason as to why we keep being rejected.

0 Kudos
adrianscrazylif
Just visiting

No, I haven't filed a support ticket.  Maybe I should.  

0 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby Good idea to open this one 🙂

alright - here's my two cents 🙂 I love Pinterest but lately it's been hard to figure out the best strategy to get clicks to my website. Some days my fresh pins take off like crazy and lately old pins have been getting more attention. So it's kinda hard sometimes to figure out if I should use another fresh pin or leave it as is or change the whole strategy all over again 😅

Besides that - thanks for everything 🙂

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adrianscrazylif if you do, feel free to send over the ticket # so we can track and make sure it's addressed by the right team. 👍

Great feedback, @allaboutbabyblog! There's some good tips in this article from our livestream with Tailwind and in this article on our business site, but sounds like there might be an opportunity to share some more strategic tips/best practices on our end in the community, too. 😉 

1 Kudo
nan47
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby How are created pins determined to be "created" or "saved"?  I create pins in exactly the same way but some are categorized as "created" and some are "saved"?  

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nan47! "Created" will show all the content that you created, while "Saved" will house all the Pins you've saved and Boards you've created. Hope that helps clarify and LMK if you have any other qs! 

0 Kudos
nan47
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby But some of my "created" pins are showing only as pinned. Why? I follow the same process for create each time. Does it have to do with the link to image or link to website?  

0 Kudos
abetterresume
Loves to help

The space is useful, participation seems strong and community leaders are responsive.

Re: Story Pins

I was given Story Pin access, then it was removed without warning or explanation.

Tickets with support kept telling me to apply, but not everyone will get them like they never read my inquiry. When I replied, they essentially said, "Live with it. There is nothing we can do. Either you have them or you don't. Don't bother us again with this question."

This space does give a space where business accounts feel they can be heard.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nan47, apologies for the delay here! That behavior seems strange, can you submit a ticket with support so they can look into it? Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime. 

0 Kudos
SeasonsInColour
Just visiting

Hi Gabby, 

I am a content creator in the UK covering interiors. I have regularly attended Pinterest UK events and been a speaker on one as well. I was not even aware of this space, and I wonder why it has not been more widely advertised. 

The other thing is that I loved Story Pins and then one day pouf! they were no longer available to create - at least not in the UK. Which is a shame because they had such huge impact on our impressions and clicks. I can see that US pinners still have access to them which is not a level playing field for content creators. 

So...

1) can we bring Story Pins back for non-US content creators

2) Can there be a newsletter specific to content creators for updates on changes - for example, a few weeks back the (+) to create pins had completely vanished, I brought it up to the local team saying that the user-friendliness of the site was compromised, then a few days later it re-appeared. Now it's gone again. Non content-creators might not miss it, but we will. 

3) The Top left menu. Business | Create | Analytics | Ads. Some thoughts on this:

If you hover over Ads, it has 11 options beneath it whereas Create only has 3. Too much emphasis on ads. Also for those who WANT to be content creators, there should be a big fat (+) literally under 'created, saved, tried' to make the experience for users better. Whereas under 'create', maybe you can also include options for 'Pin best practices' and 'Currently trending'. The latter is because we may want to create more Pins around trending subjects. 

4) Finally, we cannot log tickets: https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact/error 

Greetings from London!

0 Kudos