Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Addressing Pinterest traffic drops and impressions

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

@PinterestJanice and I wanted to address the issues reported in the Business Community regarding drops in impressions and traffic to your Pins.

We know that this is a very frustrating thing to experience after putting time and effort into making your content discoverable to Pinners around the world. Like other organic distribution platforms, Pinterest sees natural ebbs and flows with content distribution which results in variations in impression volume and viewership. 

We know you’ve heard this in ticket responses from our team, but we wanted to add a little more color to this response. Oftentimes, fluctuations can result from changes in seasonality, related interests for content, format type, engagement rates, or updates that Pinterest makes to our system to better deliver valuable ideas to Pinners. So, just like our users' interests evolve, we can expect the distribution of content to see natural ups and downs as well. 

We encourage creators to continue to post original, fresh Pins to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest. This is true whether you publish content through Pinterest directly or through a third party scheduling tool.

What are original, fresh Pins? The following resources are available if you want to ensure you are following Pin best practices.

• Pinterest Academy: self-paced courses to help you understand how to grow your business on Pinterest 
  • Business blog: read up on the latest with our platform and products
  • Creators site: check out our all-new page dedicated to creators on Pinterest 
  • Pinterest Trends: discover what Pinners are searching for and when

If you have specific questions or concerns about your account and traffic fluctuations, please file a ticket with our support team and they'll be able to assist you. This link routes directly to our team who deals specifically with these types of requests. 

Thank you all for being a part of our community and bringing issues like this to our attention. We are advocating for you and, while it may take time, will always do our best to share an official Pinterest stance on these topics as they arise.

28 Kudos
25 Replies
nan47
Just visiting

UPDATE -- @PinterestGabby as you recommended, I submitted a ticket with the above information to the Help Center. Basically, the response was a standard Robo answer -- pin more. In the past I pinned when/what I wanted to -- followers found me and repinned. I felt good about sharing. fun stuff as well as some of my Zazzle creations and my blog. Since the end of August, I have had no (0) repins. I didn't change anything but Pinterest obviously has. Glad I'm doing this for fun!

2 Kudos
byrebechij
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice Hello! I have a massive traffic drop and profile marked as a spam for the second time in 2 months! All my old pins are removed from search results, there are no impressions and link clicks to my new pins! I am not using repinning strategy anymore, yet still Pinterest somehow managed to mark me as a spammer! I have already sent 7 tickets, and no one responses me for more than a week! Please, help me, I have lost everything - all my traffic, all my income.. 

0 Kudos
thepetyoga
Just visiting

Hello @PinterestGabby

I appreciate your contribution here so far.

I also have the same issue of falling traffic, impressions, and views - I admit, I wasn't getting 1000s of visits before, but this one is really weird. 

Some of my pins (most created since 3rd week of Nov) are not showing up in my analytic. They're not showing up in search results - even if I click on "your pins" 

Not showing in my searchNot showing in my searchScreenshot (575).png

I think my new pins (since 3rd week of Nov) are not being indexed. 

If I can't even show up in my analytics & search results, how am I supposed to show up in my audience's feed? And I'm supposed to keep "creating fresh pins"? 

I've sent a message to help center, I hope this is resolved soon

2 Kudos
Miyukikawaiifashion
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Hi, what about those who dont even show up in the home feed, to begin with? Only people who follow you can see your pins if they go to the following tab? What does this mean? 

0 Kudos
bhushavali

Hello @PinterestGabby 

Firstly I'm a bit relieved to know that I'm not the only one affected! My new pins used to receive 1 - 1.5k impressions normally but since the beginning of this month it just suddenly dropped to less than 50! I just raised a ticket as you suggested. I really hope this is gets sorted out soon. 

0 Kudos
blogcomfortzone
Posts regularly

I have the same problem as the others. I have a massive traffic drop. My pins don't show up in the search results anymore. 

First I thought it might be something wrong with the statistics. After a few days I tried to contact the German support. No answer at all - the German Pinterest community does not seem to exist anymore. I tried to contact the general support. The only answer I received was a general one without any help. 

My impressions, my traffic, all statistics dropped about 50%+. I do provide my statistic for my clients and at this point they look as if I faked them. Can you please help? 

0 Kudos