Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Where to find Product ID - Shopify

yournnonce
Just visiting
Labels (5)

So I recently connected my shopify using the pinterest app. My catalog is present within Pinterest but I can't edit it or view it because it comes from Shopify. I'm waiting to be approved as a verified merchant (not sure if relevant.)

So the core of the issue. I want to tag existing pins with products from my catalog. When I click the tag product icon, it brings me to the pin builder and my options are: My pins, URL, Catalog. I'm under the impression I can connect products via catalog, but it asks for a product id. Where can I find a product id?

Shopify doesn't have a product id field, nor is there a place I can view the Pinterest product catalog on Shopify. 

I feel like I'm missing something. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 Kudo
52 Replies
PinterestBrad

Hi @karen_whitworth ,

Thanks for the question and the screenshot. I took a look and this looks like a standard situation where the tag health status in the account is a bit delayed from what actually might be happening on the site. This is common when the tag has recently been placed on the site, especially if you happen to be using the Shopify App. It can often take a week to 10 days for the reporting to level out and the 'tag health' in the Conversion section of your account to accurately reflect what's going on - even more if the tag setup is changing on your site over that period.

The best place to start for troubleshooting what might be impacting your status for the VMP Program is the VMP application/status page. It will tell you immediately if there is a specific Feed or Tag issue preventing you from applying. If you see green check marks for both of the first two boxes, then you should be able to submit your account for the final step - a review by the Policy team for Merchant Guideline compliance.

Normally, accounts are reviewed and approved within 7-10 business days once applying. If you run into issues with the final step, the Policy team would send you the details on any relevant violation that might apply to your account/website and you'll need to make updates before you can apply again in 30 days. As a heads up, Pinterest won't be able to share any more details into any Merchant Guideline disapproval than what is shared with the business account owner in that email related to a disapproval.

Hope this is helpful!

If you have any other account specific questions, please reach out to our support team directly here.

Brad

1 Kudo
thejewelparlor

@PinterestBrad @PinterestGabby I'm not sure what I've done wrong, but I can't find the product IDs for any of my listings. Could you help?

1 Kudo
PinterestBrad

@thejewelparlor Not sure if I'm fully sure what you're asking, but product_ids are something you control on your end as the Merchant. The value for 'product_id' being sent within the Pinterest Tag for each conversion event would need to match the 'id' for the respective product within the data feed. The product id values are pulled from your Shopify store and sent to Pinterest automatically for Merchants using the Shopify App - there's actually nothing you can or should need to change for these instances.

1 Kudo
heroelectronicsco
Just visiting

I'm having the same issue where it says: "Too few of the Product IDs included in your Checkout events match the Product IDs in your Catalog". Not sure how to fix this.  Also it says this: "If you choose to include Currency with your Checkout events, make sure you follow the ISO 4217 format. If left blank, this will default to your Pinterest billing currency. Example Values: USD, GBP, CAD, EUR" Its a currency error with my tag that I dont know how to fix

1 Kudo
vintiige
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby 

I'm hoping you can help me too! I am also applying for the VMP and my Pinterest health is "unhealthy", mainly because of the missing Product ID's, but also because of page visits, checkout, value and currency issues (please see the screenshot). I don't have any product IDs for any of my products in Shopify (and don't need them). I have approx 40 products in my store, am I supposed to create IDs in Shopify for all of them just for Pinterest? Do I need to add code to Shopify for the other ''events''? Please can you help resolve this? Thanks

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.24.03.png

0 Kudos
PinterestBrad

@heroelectronicsco - Thanks for the question. This alert regarding "Too Few Product Ids' is common when the Shopify App is first connected and if you haven't received Checkout events yet. Usually it can take up to 7 days for the alerts to go away once connected correctly. However, if you don't receive checkouts, the alerts might remain until successful checkouts are completed.

I would suggested submitting some test purchases on your site which may push through the data and remove the error. If not, you can submit a ticket for our support team to review.

Additionally, if you check this page and see that your Tag & Feed are both healthy, you can submit to become a Verified Merchant regardless of the Product Id alert for Checkouts.

2 Kudos
PinterestBrad

@vintiige - Following up here to let you know to check out this FAQ spot in the Community for VMP.

Product Id values are required to be a part of the Verified Merchant Program so that you can review reporting on which products customers are viewing, adding to the cart, and purchasing. This adds additional data for you to make decisions and also allows you to dynamically retarget ads for those products based on how customers engage with them.

You're using Shopify, so you can utilize the Shopify App to connect to Pinterest, automatically pass your catalog, and place the Pinterest Conversion tag with events on your site. However, you'll need to remove the Pinterest tag from your site before adding the App. If done correctly, you won't need any customer code in your account and it should allow you to submit for VMP review within a 48 hrs.

If you have additional setup questions about your account, I would submit a support ticket and we'll take a closer look!

- Brad

0 Kudos
vintiige
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestBrad 

Thanks so much for your reply and the information.

I am unable to connect Pinterest to my Shopify app as I live in UK. So, resolving these issues seems a little more tedious. Is there a workaround for me to add Pinterest to my Shopify as a UK resident?

Thanks

Simbi

0 Kudos
PinterestBrad

Ah, I didn't realize you were in the UK. Right now, the Shopify App is still only available for customers in the US & Canada - we hope to expand to other countries in early 2021 but no clear timeline as of today.

Without the app integration, you would need to manually share the link for your product feed within your Pinterest account: Ads > Catalog. This help center post from Shopify shares more info for how to find/create the URL for your Shopify feed in order to place within Pinterest manually.

This article describes how to manually implement the required events and product_id tracking on your site in order to meet the Pinterest Tag health requirements.

If you're able to meet the minimum requirements for Feed/Tag health, then you can submit your account here for final review before joining the VMP program.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
vintiige
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestBrad 

Thanks for your reply!

So, I went back yesterday and completed the tasks as you advised above However, today the Pinterest Health hasn't changed and it is now showing issues with the catalogue. Please can you help me remedy these issues as I have no clue. 

Is there a Live Chat service Pinterest can offer? It's getting urgent now. Thanks

Screenshot 2020-10-29 at 21.53.49.png

0 Kudos