Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What is your workflow for using Pinterest to market your business?

jenvazquezmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'd love to find out your workflow for using Pinterest to market your business.

Some workflows are monthly, others work once a week, and others do something different.  Some use third-party platforms to post and others post directly to Pinterest.

I hope this post will help share that there is no right way to work on Pinterest to grow your business and give many ideas on how you can use it.

In order to get some conversation going, I'm tagging   

@LAKHandmadeJewellery @WoodsShop @ivandsign @inspobyakinna @jasnycompany @myweddinginspire 

10 Kudos
16 Replies
jenvazquezmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I like to use Tailwind for standard pins and I post directly to Pinterest via the app (to have all the extra bells and whistles) to post idea pins.  

I typically work on Pinterest once a week.

5 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

I post everything directly almost every day.

4 Kudos
jenvazquezmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks @veronikalipar for replying!! I'm curious do you have time set aside on your calendar to do this and how much time do you tend to take as you post directly each day?  I know someone will get help from hearing this.  

Also, did you know that you can go on once a week and schedule via the Pinterest scheduler within the platform so you can pin each day but work on it once a week?

2 Kudos
veronikalipar
Loves to help

@jenvazquezmedia Yes, I know about the schedule option inside Pinterest and I don't get why people still pay for tailwind instead of using the Pinterest schedule. I don't use the schedule option because it would take me way too long to prepare everything. It takes me more than 40 minutes to make one idea pin (if it's just a simple outfit idea pin with no voice over). I don't have time set for Pinterest. I usually create the new idea pins before I start writing a new blog post for my website and static (video, carousel and the basic) pins after I write a new blog post for my website. I search for new inspiration and pin content from other creators to my boards during my lunchtime (ha it usually is the food-related content that I pin to my boards). Basically, I'm on Pinterest all day long. It's so addictive

4 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@jenvazquezmedia You posted a great topic! I'd love to see what other's do (whether you are a Pinterest manager for other businesses or just a biz owner doing your own marketing) to stay organized and consistent with their pinning.  Do you pin on the fly? Use the native scheduler?  Use a third-party tool?  How do you plan you content?  

I am horribly inconsistent when it comes to my own Pinterest workflow (or any social media for that matter!) so I'm hoping to see what works for others!

Tagging a few others in the group to try and keep this conversation going ☺️ @jenniferppriest @StubbyBox @chewablestructures @beaconpointe @PetMoreshop @thepersianknot @thewellnesstea @rbjemsandjewellery2020 

2 Kudos
nidaakahl0on

I'm sharing my pins here daily

2 Kudos
jenvazquezmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Thanks for asking.  I am a Pinterest Manager.  I've had my Agency + education company for 5 years but I've been using Pinterest since 2009 (when it was in beta) so I've found a workflow that works for me.  I just wrote a blog for the PBC on Creating a simple marketing workflow.  I' hope you'll read it when it's published.  

I pin weekly -- No time for daily.  I like Tailwind but I also do pins directly on Pinterest so that I keep my hand in all the ways to post.

Full disclosure I'm amazing for my clients but my business Pinterest accounts tend to suffer if I'm busy with client work.  Pretty typical from what I hear but it's the truth.

1 Kudo
jenvazquezmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I find tweaking your workflow when a piece isn't working helps.  Like taking 40 minutes on an idea pin.  Is there another way to film it, or is it easier on Instagram than to use free apps to download without a watermark and upload as an idea pin? Little tweaks will help as you continue working on Pinterest.

I pay for tailwind as their Ai features are better than ChatGPT in my opinion so that saves me a ton of time when creating pins.  Also, I like having insights there and analytics on Pinterest so I can see patterns and certain pins that are doing better than others to recreate it again but with different graphic.  Also, I can spend 4 hours and have 3-5 pins a day going out for the next month.  I do this when I go on vacation or am super busy with client work.  

Hope that helps.

1 Kudo
dizudiyasp
Just visiting

Would you please tell me about the pinterest work flow?  and how the creaters getting paid ?.This my first time in this platform. What do the creaters do when their free?And any tips and advice for me to start When,How and  where. How do the creaters do business marketing through Pinterest?

Waiting for your reply 

Love from India

2 Kudos