Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Trying to reach more followers

Zilver1
Just visiting

Hello Everyone, is there a way to generate a bigger following, I have 13k unique views but rare followers, can you share your thoughts trying to reach '1001' thank you Lorraine

8 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Zilver1  hi there glad you made it to the PBC 😎

There are a lot of ways to generate a bigger following:

• Post original content on a regular basis 
  • Get into creating Idea Pins - they get real Pinterest Love ❤️
  • Engage with other Pinners …. More specifically your viewers ask questions when creating pins or encourage others to engage your Idea Pins
  • Definitely connect with pinners here on the PBC and if your schedule allows attend Pinterest events and workshops to help you make the most out of Pinterest
  • If you have or use other social media let others knows they can find you on Pinterest
  • Keep your boards up to date and engaging and especially organized …. Check out Pinterest Predicts & What Other Pinners are searching for 👉🏻 the Pinterest Managers here in the PBC post these regularly for everyone to use
  • Most importantly 👉🏻 Have Patience - Pinterest is a “slow burn” it can take time to get where you want to get to but you won’t be disappointed when the Pinterest ❤️ starts rolling in.

I can definitely say if you don’t pin 📌 regularly your numbers will go down -I recently moved et al. and my number’s definitely have gone down with no time to create and post so I am working on getting them back up but I could see the impact of not posting almost immediately -  there is no magical solution to getting more followers faster just time and hard work to get the Pinterest ❤️ 

I hope this helps you a little bit - Please come back and let us know.

Lisa

View solution in original post

17 Kudos
24 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Zilver1  hi there glad you made it to the PBC 😎

There are a lot of ways to generate a bigger following:

• Post original content on a regular basis 
  • Get into creating Idea Pins - they get real Pinterest Love ❤️
  • Engage with other Pinners …. More specifically your viewers ask questions when creating pins or encourage others to engage your Idea Pins
  • Definitely connect with pinners here on the PBC and if your schedule allows attend Pinterest events and workshops to help you make the most out of Pinterest
  • If you have or use other social media let others knows they can find you on Pinterest
  • Keep your boards up to date and engaging and especially organized …. Check out Pinterest Predicts & What Other Pinners are searching for 👉🏻 the Pinterest Managers here in the PBC post these regularly for everyone to use
  • Most importantly 👉🏻 Have Patience - Pinterest is a “slow burn” it can take time to get where you want to get to but you won’t be disappointed when the Pinterest ❤️ starts rolling in.

I can definitely say if you don’t pin 📌 regularly your numbers will go down -I recently moved et al. and my number’s definitely have gone down with no time to create and post so I am working on getting them back up but I could see the impact of not posting almost immediately -  there is no magical solution to getting more followers faster just time and hard work to get the Pinterest ❤️ 

I hope this helps you a little bit - Please come back and let us know.

Lisa

17 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Pinterest and general online visitor interaction has changed tremendously in the years since I started using the platform. I used to receive daily followers and I used to follow daily. I am one who prefers to follow boards, though, rather than users and now it's more time-consuming.

It was easier before, from Pinterest search results or at a user's profile, to quickly follow boards through the board thumbnails displayed. Now, it takes an extra click to follow a board because you have to go into individual boards and click the 3-dotted board options menu and then click follow. This may seem to be a ridiculous issue to present but when you take into account your concern, I have 13k unique views but rare followers,...., I believe this is one of the reasons. Note rare followers.

Many users prefer to follow boards rather than a user because the content of all users' boards is not desired subject matter. I think that I still have over 100 boards on a variety of subjects, though they are mostly creativity-related. They wouldn't want to follow me as a user because any one of my boards could be personally offensive, who knows? They would now have to enter each of my boards that they would want to follow. My board-following has been declined for years and so has my following of the boards of others. I now follow boards occasionally versus every day.

I do agree with what @bodymindmood has shared, I can definitely say if you don’t pin :pushpin: regularly your numbers will go down.... I find this to be true whether I'm pinning my own created content or re-pinning the content of others. Years ago, I was almost at 100k views a month (maybe I re-pinned too much at a sitting to reach those types of #s, I don't know, but I was here everyday following/being followed) and recently I barely broke 1.5K.

I think the suggestions shared by @bodymindmood should be taken into consideration. My fav ones are,

Post original content on a regular basis....

Check out Pinterest Predicts & What Other Pinners are searching for....

Since I've been a long-term user of Pinterest, I like to share history-of-general-use. Without that, it's confusing to understand why some activities here do not pan out more than they do.

Good luck!

4 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Followed your board, Fit Over Forty And Fabulous!

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery Hi there thank you for sharing your thoughts and including me in your response and thank you for the follow✌️gave you a follow as well.

I agree with the points you have made, I have also had my moments with Pinterest I hit 1,000,000 views on January 6th 2021 with a gain of 200+ followers clearly the numbers don’t mesh but that was what the numbers truly looked like. I have had a number of viral pins but loves, likes don’t always equate to followers.

My thoughts on Followers Loves | Likes not equaling lots of followers 👈🏻 Is that really a bad thing? 
Honestly, I don’t think so, I know the first thought that comes to mind is how is that a good thing and not a bad thing? 

In my own Pinterest experience (2009 to present) I have found that often it is not the number of followers that I get but the quality of the followers- the followers who engage with content I post, followers who engage with me through messaging and email both on and off Pinterest, and the followers who follow me on other social media and now follow me on Pinterest.

@ArtsyCraftery I appreciate your perspective on this it’s alway great to have a fresh perspective.

@Zilver1 Please let us know your thoughts.

Lisa

6 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Followers are important to me because they will see my pins activity in their home feed. They will be more likely to repin my pins if I show up in their home feed. Re-pinning is important to me, especially since I do that a lot from my home feed.

Sandi

3 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

Where can Pinterest Predicts & What Other Pinners are searching for.... be found?

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery Hi there

This is the Pinterest Trends Tool

This is the most recent Pinterest Predicts posted by @PinterestJazmin Pinterest Predicts: Your 2022 you will love this I shared my Pinterest Predicts on my profile as an Idea Pin.

You will find @PinterestJazmin and @PinterestGabby post what Pinners are searching for this week regularly here in the PBC look for new posts 👉🏻this is the most recent post What Pinners Are Searching For This Week 

I hope this helps Lisa

4 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@ArtsyCraftery I agree with you on this point re-pinning is really important I think for a lot of people how much re-pinning is the really big focus what is your re-pinning strategy? How much do you repin?

Lisa

4 Kudos
ArtsyCraftery
Loves to help

I re-pin pins that interest me and that fit into my boards so I can refer to them later. I also have a few boards dedicated to reaching out to others, not just boards for myself.

I'm currently re-pinning more than I'm pinning original content. I think it has become more like a hobby, like Solitaire. 😄 It used to be more of a source of hope for sales years ago when I tried Pinterest Ads and the short-lived Pinterest shops or listing feature.

4 Kudos