Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Someone added their picture in my post comments to advertise the same products.

beautybyrukh
Just visiting

I posted a video that got a lot of views. Some other representatives selling the same products added a picture of the same product in my post comment to advertise. Is it allowed?  I don't want to report her. Can't remove the pic. I don't see that option. What should I do?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all and thanks for the tag, @AmericanoCrystals. If you see a problematic comment on your pin via the engagement tab, you have the ability to report it right from the inbox view.  To delete a comment or photo, the pin must be published from your claimed domain. To remove the comment, simply go to the pin close up and click the ‘...’ and select “delete comment”.  

If you are experiencing frequent, problematic engagement from another user, you can also report their account from the ‘...’ on their profile. Hope this helps, and let me know if anyone needs further clarification! cc: @beautybyrukh @easybudgetrecipes @typicallytopical 

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
6 Replies
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @beautybyrukh ! If you're on desktop you should be able to remove someone else's comments/pictures. Don't think mobile lets you do that yet 🙂

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@beautybyrukh Hi there! I have the same problem.

@typicallytopical I tried to delete the comment on my desctop but it said I am not allowed to do that.

@PinterestGabby  Aren't we allowed to delete negative and spammy comments on our Pins? 

0 Kudos
easybudgetrecipes
Just visiting

I have the same problem and submitted a ticket explaining I'd like Pinterest to bring back the 'delete' option.  I have marked the spam as "irrelevant or not useful" but that does not remove the comment.  Submit a ticket complaining about it too and with enough voices maybe they will bring the 'delete' button back!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all and thanks for the tag, @AmericanoCrystals. If you see a problematic comment on your pin via the engagement tab, you have the ability to report it right from the inbox view.  To delete a comment or photo, the pin must be published from your claimed domain. To remove the comment, simply go to the pin close up and click the ‘...’ and select “delete comment”.  

If you are experiencing frequent, problematic engagement from another user, you can also report their account from the ‘...’ on their profile. Hope this helps, and let me know if anyone needs further clarification! cc: @beautybyrukh @easybudgetrecipes @typicallytopical 

3 Kudos
easybudgetrecipes
Just visiting

This was very helpful information!  I was trying to delete the comment from the 'Connect with your community" section (the icon of the mega phone), so the tip you gave fixes my issue!  I was also reporting/blocking the spammer from this section, but if I continue to get spam from the same guy I will try going to their profile and report them from there too.

Thank you  @PinterestGabby !

Beth @easybudgetrecipes 

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

0 Kudos