Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Questions on Optimizing Consideration Campaign

luxureeskincare
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Hello there -- hoping to have a conversation with some Pinterest experts on some tidbits for optimizing a consideration campaign. My company's been in existence since 2020, and I recently started running a consideration campaign to increase brand awareness. As I understand it, these campaigns need a few weeks to run, but I find it weird that there are no conversions. Our goal was pin clicks, and we're having some of that, but even with optimizing the campaign based on Pinterest's personalized recommendations, we're not really seeing much traction. Is there someone who is willing to chat with me? 

It looks like we're still waiting to be assigned an account manager; so no official word from their team yet. The campaign's been running continuously since 2/26. 

Thanks in advance for your responses! 

N

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@luxureeskincare 

Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post - you have come to the right place for information.

You may consider filing a ticket with Pinterest Support regarding waiting to be assigned an account manager - I linked to Pinterest Support above.

If you are interested, you might like to try some free courses inside the Pinterest Academy on Advertising, including Optimizing Consideration Campaigns. There is some helpful information on Advertising with Pinterest - I recently completed my Pinterest Advertising Essentials, and the information you learn is helpful when you're looking to run campaigns that get noticed on Pinterest.

Just use your regular login Pinterest Credentials to get enrolled and get started.

I hope that helps, and if you still have other questions, please come back and ask here on the PBC.

Lisa

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@luxureeskincare 

Welcome to the PBC!

I read your post - you have come to the right place for information.

You may consider filing a ticket with Pinterest Support regarding waiting to be assigned an account manager - I linked to Pinterest Support above.

If you are interested, you might like to try some free courses inside the Pinterest Academy on Advertising, including Optimizing Consideration Campaigns. There is some helpful information on Advertising with Pinterest - I recently completed my Pinterest Advertising Essentials, and the information you learn is helpful when you're looking to run campaigns that get noticed on Pinterest.

Just use your regular login Pinterest Credentials to get enrolled and get started.

I hope that helps, and if you still have other questions, please come back and ask here on the PBC.

Lisa

3 Kudos
luxureeskincare
Just visiting

Hey there @bodymindmood -- thank you for your response! I hadn't known that there was a Pinterest Academy! So thank you for sharing. I'll definitely spend some time on there today to see what I can learn and then implement into our campaign.

Also, I did send a ticket to the Pinterest support; still awaiting a response back from them. 

I'll check this out and will certainly let you know if I have any further questions! I appreciate you, Lisa. 

Best regards,

N

2 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @luxureeskincare  How are you targeting? A good place to start for a top of funnel/consideration campaign would be to separate out into two ad groups: keywords (about 30 is good) and interests. You'll want to separate them so that they each get a chance to spend and one doesn't just dominate. That might help! 

4 Kudos
luxureeskincare
Just visiting

Greetings @hostesstori -- I'd targeted audiences originally with four ad groups; a mix of variables of difference creative to mimic lookalike audiences but sharing similar total audience size as keywords/interests that the brand usually tracks with.

I'd been running the creatives since the last week of February and watched on a daily and weekly basis to see which products and ad types were performing the best, pausing and consolidating where appropriate and allowing the best content, products, and messaging that resonated and got increased KPIs to bubble to the top.

Those insights have been very valuable in allowing me to see where my hypothesis were correct and where we had room for improvement in delivery and spend.

I've since reduced campaign down to one ad group of strongest performers, and that will be what we continue to run for the next few weeks. Thank you for your response here! 

2 Kudos
luxureeskincare
Just visiting

Hey there @bodymindmood -- I wanted to come back here and respond to you, as I've just finished the Advertising Essentials Course. Good news, my mind is blown by how much I've learned. Additionally, I've earned my Pinterest badge, and was able to confidently tweak/optimize the campaign based on my new findings. Thanks a million for that recommendation! By focusing on the KPIs that were appropriate for the Consideration funnel, we were tracking correctly on what their recommended KPIs are. What I was missing was either the top of funnel or bottom of funnel campaign to close out the loop of the desired action I'd want Pinners to take. With that being said, I started a Conversion campaign as well, with the intent of having them both support Pinners in their Deciding and Doing phases. I'm hopeful that this will begin to yield the results that we've established -- and also look forward to eventually adding in a Discovery campaign once we've seen a marked increase in our existing ROAS. Sincerely appreciate your help! 

N

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@luxureeskincare 

Hi 

Yayyy! So glad to hear that helped - when I did the Academy coursework, I was surprised at how little I knew, but I love how much I have gained from completing the course and getting my badge.

I'm wishing you the most Pinterest ❤️ + success on your campaigns!

Lisa

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I agree! Pinterest Academy is an AMAZING resource with a ton of value.  I've been doing ads for a while and I even learned some things I didn't know!

Looking at KPI's - what is your Click Through Rate (CTR)?  Pinterest avg is around .6%, so I always aim for 1% or higher.  If it is low, you may be losing in the auction for ad placement to others with higher CTR.

How many creatives (pins) are you promoting in your campaign?  I usually start with around 3-5.  Since you've been running it for a bit now, you can pause underperforming ones and/or add in some new.  When creating pins make sure you are focusing on best practices.   Here are some great posts on Pin designs:

Designing Pins: Do's and Don'ts

The Best Pin Formats and Practices for Product Sel... | Pinterest Business Community - 53326

Hope that's helpful!  Good luck!

2 Kudos