Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pin stats

sparklychicboutique

Hi there!  I'm the Pinterest manager for A Sparkly Chic Boutique.  They have a fairly established account, but were not pinning consistently within the last year or so.  I've been pinning for about a week now and am seeing that MOST of the pins' stats are zero across the board.  This has never happened in any of the accounts I've worked with.  We have started several Ad Campaigns, but am thinking of pulling them because her account is not getting any traction.  I've emailed the help desk three times and have not heard back once, which is also unusual.  If you have any advice, please let me know as my client would like to stay active and invested with Pinterest, but is not having a great experience.  Thanks!

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@longtran24062000  I'm done focusing on Pinterest. My Pinterest traffic is in a free-fall at the moment and it's no longer worth the time on my investment. I'll continue to pin a single pin for new articles, but that's about it.

Currently, I'm getting more growth with Google Search and Google Web Stories than Pinterest, so that is where I will spend my time. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Welcome to the new world of Pinterest. 

They are focused on Idea Pins, which do not link back to your website. They want to keep people on the platform and therefore are not longer a reliable platform to drive traffic. 

Many bloggers I know have given up on Pinterest to focus on SEO.

I personally just cancelled my Tailwind account so it does not renew. There is no point in keeping it, unfortunately. 

Have your clients check out Google Web Stories. Those let you link back to the website, unlike Pinterest Idea Pins (formerly Story pins)

That's just my personal opinion and what I plan to do

1 Kudo
fromwithin99
Just visiting

Hi @healthyambitionsteam 

Thanks for sharing the Google Web Stories tip.

I am going to check it out and report results on the private FB group Pinterest Traffic Strategies.

2 Kudos
longtran24062000
Just visiting

Hi @healthyambitionsteam, i thought the statistics were all zero due to not validating our website,huh?However, I also tried the tag again but there was no alteration in my ads

1 Kudo
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@longtran24062000  I'm done focusing on Pinterest. My Pinterest traffic is in a free-fall at the moment and it's no longer worth the time on my investment. I'll continue to pin a single pin for new articles, but that's about it.

Currently, I'm getting more growth with Google Search and Google Web Stories than Pinterest, so that is where I will spend my time. 

2 Kudos