Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pin disapproved for Ad

cultistnumberone
Just visiting
Labels (4)

I have created a new campaign and have had 5 of 8 pins rejected. I originally thought it was the url as it pointed to a variant so I used a redirect of the original url- which had been removed - still learning Shopify best practices. 
the reason I though this was that all the accepted pins were not variants. 
example pin

Disapproved Ad:

Promoted Pin Name: Nyarlathotep's Morning Brew T-Shirt

Promoted Pin ID: 687249971131
Once you edit your ad or create a new one, we'll take another look.

Any insight or advice which might help me get to a functional pin, would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Paul

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestFernanda

Hi @cultistnumberone! 🙂 

We believe promoted content can play a big role in helping people create a life they love, which is why we want ads to be some of the best stuff you see on Pinterest. If you follow these guidelines, you’ll be all set for promoting great content on Pinterest. You can view our advertisers guidelines here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @cultistnumberone! 🙂 

We believe promoted content can play a big role in helping people create a life they love, which is why we want ads to be some of the best stuff you see on Pinterest. If you follow these guidelines, you’ll be all set for promoting great content on Pinterest. You can view our advertisers guidelines here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

0 Kudos
cultistnumberone
Just visiting

Hi, PinterestFernanda,

Thanks for answering. I appreciate the responsiveness.
This is where I am struggling. I read through the guidelines looking for an ‘Aha’ and I am just not seeing the issue with the pin. Or rather, I am not seeing what is making one pin acceptable and another unacceptable.
Hence my request to get some insight into what I am missing for the rejected pins. 
happy to have a critique here as I am stuck and do not want to get into trouble by continually failing to improve nor do I want to use an appeal if the issue is obvious to everyone other than me. If I could understand the problem I would fix it!
Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
cultistnumberone

0 Kudos
PinterestFernanda

Hey @cultistnumberone, thanks for bringing this to our attention and sharing your experience on the community! 

The best way for you to proceed is to file a ticket with our team,  who will be able to diagnose why your pins are disapproved and figure out what's going on with your account. 

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime, thank you. 

0 Kudos
cultistnumberone
Just visiting

Thanks. I will file a ticket. Please note the link in your message goes to a 404 error when I click on it. 

1 Kudo