Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Opinions on your ecommerce platform and how well it works w/ Pinterest

simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Looking to get opinions on how well your eCommerce platform works with Pinterest. Woocommerce? Shopify? Open Cart? Squarespace? 

What's been your experience? 

-Tabby

3 Kudos
8 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great topic, @simplepinmedia! Tagging in @andrealidesigns who I think has some great ideas here... 🙂 

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby @simplepinmedia Hands down the most integrated eComm platform is Shopify due to how widely supported it is by third-party developers that make plugins to offer additional functionality to your Shopify site. The platform's popularity is precisely why Pinterest choose them to partner with. 

Since WordPress is the most common platform among bloggers (probably the highest percentage of business accounts on Pinterest), Woocommerce is similarly supported. Much of the plugins and workflow is tangential which also makes it a seamless integration with Pinterest. 

I have Squarespace. Although it is not nearly as supported, it's relatively easy to inject custom code to give it any functionality you want without bulky plugins that can bog down site speed. That being said, obtaining verified merchant status caused me a few gray hairs to figure out how to write code that was specific enough to speak to Pinterest's API. Since the documentation was a bit opaque and Pinterest changed their API again after my first successful attempt, remaining verified was an uphill battle but now seems stable. Rich pins on Squarespace were incredibly easy to implement so in some ways the platform is very much optimized for Pinterest. 

Unfortunately, I cannot speak to Open Cart with any type of expertise. 

I hope this helps 🤓📌

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns Great feedback!! Thank you! 

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia My pleasure! 

2 Kudos
Field_made_co

We use Shopify and it's great!

You can sync your Shopify store to Pinterest and it creates "shopable" pins automatically. You can also create ad campaigns to post on Pinterest and other social media sites.   

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with the PBC, @Field_made_co! @simplepinmedia fyi ^ 🙂 

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for that, @Field_made_co

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

Seconding Shopify! They also just announced an integration with TikTok. Love to see all these partnerships!

~ Alisa

0 Kudos