Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Update Problems

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi community!

Sit tight this will be a long post 🙂

Recently I was so busy for getting ready for new Fall&Holiday season. Because we introduced couple of new products, worked on photoges and created tons of fresh content. All of our pins were fresh and rich pins, we even shared some of backstage process on Pinterest Stories. Everything was doing great, our story pins were getting 8-10 k impressions. (I usually post 2 stories per day)
But last week we had a huge drop on Story Pin impressions, and we are now getting 400-1000 impressions per story.
Another problem was with the Ads, they were not running, not bringing us any impressions or link clicks. 

So monthly viewers of our profile dropped from 1.8 m to 1.6 m viewers in a week. Which I was hoping to reach 2 million viewers by the end of this month. At least I think me and my team deserved it, we work so hard during quarantine and we spent money on running ads and creating high quality content.

I sent a direct message to our dearest Gabby about it, I was patient enough to wait for her answer. (I can't see the message I have sent her on my messenger part so I am not sure if this message delivered or not.)

But then yesterday I couldn't access my profile, there were a red sign saying this user not found, which made me say oh, no here we again? I thought my profile got suspended again.
Couple of months ago my profile was suspended by mistaken and I lost 7k followers because of this! Yes, followers are not the main source of traffic on Pinterest but, every and each follower of these 7k were important for me, they were our potencial customers. Luckily, I was able to access my profile after some hours but I am insecure about security of my account. I don't want my profile got suspended again, and I am always ready to fix if I did anything wrong about it.

So, I would love to hear your recent experience on ads and story impressions, do also experience this kind of changes on your account? I'm trying to clarify is it something to do with new Pinterest Updates or my profile was flagged as spam?

@PinterestGabby  and @PinterestJanice I really appreciate you, I feel like I have a family on this community. Everyone is friendly and willing to help each other so didn't fill any tickets, I wanted to contact with you first.

Thank you for your time and help! 🙂

5 Kudos
23 Replies
artisticshit
Just visiting

Hi @theburntsunsetnovel @AmericanoCrystals @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

There is something wrong with the analytics according to me. Today i recieved this message from pinterest saying that in the last week i have gained 106,850 impressions. But in the last 7 days according to analytics i have gained 50,000 impressions. I think there is some glitches or errors in pinterest which is showing such varying numbers. I can understand if there is a difference of 1000 but a difference of 56,000 is just too much. PLEASE LOOK INTO IT.

Thanks

5 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@dopemystic Hi! So this is the post I promised to write.

2 Kudos
HolyDemon666
Just visiting

Pinterest  bu  tür  hatalar  hep  yapıyor  bende yaşıyorum  hep  3-4  hesabım  oldu  bu  yüzden  şimdi de  pinterest'e  oturum   açamıyorum  her  zaman girdiğim  şifremi  kabul  etmiyor  neden  bunu  yapıyorlar  pinterest  anlam  veremiyorum  google  yardımıyla  hesabıma  açabiliyorum. 

0 Kudos
dopemystic
Just visiting

@AmericanoCrystals I have had the same exact experiences! My business has been severely impacted by the pandemic, so I'm only able to toss a couple bucks here and there towards ads. However, one thing I love about Pinterest is that those couple of dollars usually go a decent way, making me feel that I don't have to pour hundreds into marketing to reach a nice sized group of people when I'm struggling financially. However, my most recent ad reached no one at all, and was a waste even if it was just a few bucks (those few bucks mean a lot when you're barely getting by during a crisis). 

My impressions AND monthly viewers have dropped drastically. In fact, the other night I literally watched my monthly viewers suddenly drop from 400k-something to 380k just out of nowhere. That's crazy.

I recently received a marketing call in which I was encouraged to run an ad for three weeks at $50 a day. LOL. That's a huge investment I can't even afford right now because I'm living on unemployment that's hardly enough to even pay my mortgage and support my family. And considering all the glitches in stats and analytics and all of the decreasing numbers across the board, I cannot possibly see the logic in investing this way right now. I have yet to make a sale from Pinterest. 

I put all my eggs in the basket, so to speak. I quit Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter just to utilize this platform completely dedicated. And right now it's worrisome to me. This and Patreon are now all I have to drive traffic to my site and build a new base. I'm very concerned.

2 Kudos
dopemystic
Just visiting

@AmericanoCrystals made a video post this morning to sort of test the waters, and views are good, I'm just not getting much engagement, which is fine because it was just a heartfelt share to the community as a source of support. I'm still a little concerned, the stats aren't really adding up, but I'm not sure it's worth stressing too much over. I believe Pinterest will fix whatever is broken with analytics because of the update ASAP. In the meantime, I suggest we just keep sharing and keep trying! 🙂

I'm not big on trying to keep up with the trends there, most of it does not really apply to trying to share my work and I have my hands full with creating full time and caring for my family, but I'd encourage those who can to just keep up with the trends as has been suggested to me in the past, and hang in there!

Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Keep me posted on how things go for you!

2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@artisticshit    Agreed - my analytics has gone crazy. Says one thing and my page is actually seeing none of what it says being translated to it by analytics. Never had this issue before the update.

Visit My Page 

0 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Wow - the problem Im having just happened here - I posted a reply and the message was deleted because it was seen as spam. I give up 😞

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@dopemystic Hi! I am sorry that you also experienced this issue.

I am still waiting for answer from Pinterest team))

Issue is still ongoing. Will keep you posted.

3 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

The Pinterest help team has closed out my tickets for this issue several times. I'm really not sure they know how to solve it, as it continually happens to me. We may have to do some trouble shooting on our own. @AmericanoCrystals would you mind sharing what type of operating system you use and what browser you post on? I use a Mac, iPhone, and iPad and post via Safari. I've noticed problems in the past with Pinterest tagging, pin descriptions, and messaging on Apple products. 

Chris

theburntsunsetnovel Pinterest 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel Hi Chris! We use the both, Safari and Google chrome. Some of our devices are Mac, and we also use android. 

I think we left behind the era of gaining thousands story pin impressions on Story Pins. New update changed the algorithms and we will no longer get that kind of big impressions via stories. That means we now have to work even harder than before to gain impressions. Let see! 🙂

2 Kudos