Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Pinterest Algorithm: Impressions & Reach

typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey all, 

I know there's been issues with good accounts being flagged etc (mine included), but since I've got my account back, my impressions and click through rate are nowhere near what they used to be.

I realise there was an algorithm update, so I figure it's matter of tweaking content strategy moving forward.

Has anyone who took a dive in impressions been able to get their 'normal' stats back? If so, what worked for you?

@allaboutbabyblog tagged you, because I know you're facing similar 🙂 

2 Kudos
5 Replies
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@typicallytopical Yes mine are also better but not how they used to be.

I actually started tweaking on my strategy and in seems to work - these are my updated stats from this morning (i started implementing changes two days ago)

So far it seems to work BUT the change includes more pins on a daily basis which I just really hope is not too much to be considered spammy 😶

I will continue to check it 🙂 

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@allaboutbabyblog Ah that's good to hear! Are you just pinning more pins? Do you pin with Tailwind or is that manual pinning? 

Thanks!

1 Kudo
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@typicallytopical sorry it took so long to reply 😅

I always do a mix of manually pinning and scheduling with tailwind 🙂 I like to manually pin the fresh pins I make and then schedule them to more boards 🙂

1 Kudo
brandchewtab
Just visiting

The spike might be due to the fresh pins and new content. But, I think the major issue still hasn't been addressed. I think a lot of good/original pins got removed/deindexed simply because there were a lot of people stealing those images. So, the pins that were doing consistently well over a long period of time are suddenly out system, and it has lead to huge traffic drops.   

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@typicallytopical I do twice as much work for half the results compared to last year. I also lose impressions overnight and have pins that have single digit impressions. If I take one day off my account nose dives. Here is the response I got from my ticket:

Screen Shot 2020-06-23 at 9.06.11 AM.png

0 Kudos