Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Massive drop in impressions and viewers

girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hello everyone!

Has anyone experienced a massive drop in impressions and monthly viewers?

I have been following the same strategy of pinning my own content with a mix of other's for a while now using Tailwind and it had been working amazingly well. I also manually pin a few on Pinterest every day.

For the past 2 days, the impressions and monthly viewers have dropped drastically even though the strategy is the same. Has anyone else experienced this? If you did, what worked for you? 

Looking forward to hearing your experiences.

- Girl Meets The World

16 Kudos
41 Replies
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've had some success rebuilding my audience after losing a big chunk of it. Whereas much of my content was once repinning, I'm now back to 75% of my 2019 audience by posting mostly original pins, using stories & movies, pinning less often, and focusing on fewer boards. Essentially I've narrowed my content offering to find an audience that is more likely to covert. I did this on the hunch that business accounts are being treated differently now than other accounts and that in order to drive metrics upward much of your pins need to be originals. Essentially I've made the transition from a curator account to a creator account. Success, however, likely lies in a balance between offering your own content and repinning the best content (versus lots of content) from others. 

2 Kudos
nicolesarahcom

Here we are a year later and I’m in the same boat and it affecting my SEO to my site. Anyone have this resolved? Pinterest hasn’t emailed me back

0 Kudos