Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to promote with Pinterest?

jaybrownart
Just visiting
Labels (4)

I'm an artist who is fairly new to pinterest and am wondering what is the best way to promote around here? Thank you

3 Kudos
4 Replies
Monooutfit
Just visiting

Hi @jaybrownart 

Here is few tips

Pinterest has become one of the most-visited websites, and with good reason! People are using it more often to plan their weddings or find ways to make their homes look stylish, but this doesn't mean you can't sell things on Pinterest too. In fact, people spend money on almost every product or service that appears on Pinterest—the only trick is figuring out how to get them to click your link instead of your competitor's! We'll walk you through some of the best ways to make money selling on Pinterest in today's article, so keep reading!

1) Find a niche
The key is to find a popular niche, like handmade goods, and then figure out where your customers hang out online. For example, if you sell crochet items, you'll likely find lots of folks over at Etsy (where they sell all sorts of crafts), but you might also try popping up on Ravelry as well. Don't be afraid to experiment. If one site isn't right for you, move on. The goal here is sales!

2) Use Other People's Images
Sure, you can pin your own stuff, but there's no reason not to get inspiration from other people's work too. When you repin an image—make sure you credit whoever created it!—you create a new opportunity for that person to find new fans. Just make sure you use only images that fall under fair-use laws; if in doubt, ask permission from the photo's owner.

3) Join Groups
Join relevant groups in your niche and start interacting with other pinners. You can also join groups that are a little more general but have a large amount of members. This will help you make new contacts, establish yourself as an expert and begin growing your following. Remember that Pinterest is all about sharing, so get sharing!

4) Promote Yourself
If you want people to actually buy your products, they need to know who you are and how they can contact you. Your business page is a great place to list out where you sell your products—not just on your own site but also if you're selling through any third-party websites or marketplaces. You should also let customers know how they can contact you with questions or concerns and include links to social media profiles so customers can get in touch that way, too.

5) Look at Analytics
You might be surprised by what you see. With its relatively low barriers to entry, it can be tempting to create a Pinterest account and start pinning right away, but if your strategy isn't carefully planned, you could lose sight of which boards and pins are driving traffic—and sales—and which ones are falling flat.

6) Use the Follow Me Feature
One of Pinterest's most powerful marketing tools, Follow Me, allows users to follow other members who have similar interests and content. Once you're a follower, it shows your public Pins in their follower's feeds. Followers are also notified when you add a Pin or update one of your existing Pins—something that doesn't happen with non-followers.

7) Check Out Related Pins
Are you interested in making money with a specific type of product or idea? Use social listening tools like Google Alerts, Twitter search and Facebook's Insights tool to check out relevant pins. Take note of which pins are generating likes, comments and repins—not only can this help lead you to pin ideas that are working well, but they'll also tell you who has an interest in your niche.

😎 Know What Others Are Doing and Copy Their Success (Case Study)
One of the most important elements of any business is knowing your competition—and knowing how you can beat them. Once you've got an eye for what people are doing, get a handle on why it's working: What makes their pins stand out? How do they engage with followers? How much traffic do they bring in from Pinterest?

4 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @jaybrownart! What are you selling, specifically? What are the offers you are looking to promote?

Do you sell your art and ship it to people? Or do you teach artists something? Or do you create content about art - like on a blog for example? 

Let us know! 

1 Kudo
jaybrownart
Just visiting

Hi@Jana O

I'm a fine digital artist who basically sells prints. I'm not really in the market for accepting commissioned artwork at this time but that's what I offer in a nutshell; a small collection of fine digital artworks. I do post the majority of my new pieces on my website. Thanx for inquiring!

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Great insight @Monooutfit !

0 Kudos