Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Is free Pinterest ecommerce traffic still possible?

BrightLifeCurator
Just visiting

Hello, older blogs and YouTube videos claimed that significant free traffic for an ecommerce store could be generated by patiently building a Pinterest account over 6-12 months, making pins from product page images. So far, it hasn't worked for me.

I'm wondering if there is still hope for me to use Pinterest as a way to get free traffic to my ecommerce store. I have been hit hard financially. I can't afford to risk money by using paid ads. Generating free traffic from Pinterest was my whole hope for getting traffic to my Shopify store. If steady and patient work at building my Pinterest account has little or no chance of success due to changes in how Pinterest operates then I see no choice other than to close my store.

Is attaining significant free Pinterest traffic for an ecommerce store still a realistic goal?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shelbyolsen1

Yes it's definitely possible i use Pinterest as advertising for my ebay store. Your titles (on your boards) are everything. They need to have "searchable" titles, find the most common within your store genre like "fitness, exercise, get healthy" or "new age electronics, gadgets" google the best posting times and the amount you need to post everyday to stay high up in SEO. Offer boards that don't necessarily have anything to do with your Shopify store, this targets an audience that might otherwise not have looked at your boards. Follow other people, they will almost follow you back. This will increase your audience. Good luck 

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
3 Replies
shelbyolsen1

Yes it's definitely possible i use Pinterest as advertising for my ebay store. Your titles (on your boards) are everything. They need to have "searchable" titles, find the most common within your store genre like "fitness, exercise, get healthy" or "new age electronics, gadgets" google the best posting times and the amount you need to post everyday to stay high up in SEO. Offer boards that don't necessarily have anything to do with your Shopify store, this targets an audience that might otherwise not have looked at your boards. Follow other people, they will almost follow you back. This will increase your audience. Good luck 

4 Kudos
BrightLifeCurator
Just visiting

Thank you for the encouragement!

0 Kudos
infoinflori
Just visiting

Huge gold nugget here. Pay attention everyone. Actually, don't. I'll keep all the SEO traffic to ourselves 😉 Cheers, and be safe

0 Kudos