Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

If you feel your pins are being 'stolen' and reused, here are two ways to have the pins removed

michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi everyone! Some of you have mentioned how frustrating it is to see one of your pins stolen, cropped, rebranded and used elsewhere on Pinterest. I can relate to how it makes you feel; working hard on your pins, at times paying for the music rights, only to see someone else taking credit, is very disheartening to say the least.

There are several ways to deal with this, and I'll go over 2 methods I've used in the past.

The first step I use usually works out in my favor quickly, I've gained followers using this and even been asked to help create original content. Turning a negative situation into a positive one is my first goal. Here is a conversation I recently had:

I reached out to the profile, and sent links to the pins I wanted to be removed. Their response was very friendly and open. I was happy to see the response, I knew we could resolve this easily:

1.png

After a couple of messages between us, I encouraged them to start posting original content and gave a couple of links to get started. The response was positive, the posts were removed, and I was happy with the result:

2.png

3.png

Unfortunately, I have to use the Copyright Infringements Tool from time to time. Here are the steps you may have to take.

**When you submit a request, make sure that the information provided is true and accurate. Knowingly submitting false infringement notices can result in liability for damages under section 512(f) of the DMCA or similar laws in other countries.**

Using the web version, go to the pin you want removed, you'll see three dots next to the pin, choose "Report Pin"

Copyright1.png

 Choose "My intellectual property"

Copyright2.png

 Choose "This infringes my copyright"

Copyright3.png

 Begin filling out the form

Copyright4.png

Copyright5.png

Copyright6.png

**Take note that the other party can file a counter-notice.

Here are two articles you should read before filing a take down request:
https://policy.pinterest.com/en/copyright
https://help.pinterest.com/en/article/copyright

**When you submit a request, make sure that the information provided is true and accurate. Knowingly submitting false infringement notices can result in liability for damages under section 512(f) of the DMCA or similar laws in other countries.**

Please let me know what I can do to help if you are facing this issue!

5 Kudos
2 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

This is an excellent resource, Michael! Wow!

-Tabby

3 Kudos
woodenmantraNFT
Just visiting

Thank you so much for responding. I really appreciate it. 🙏✌️💯

1 Kudo