Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to install Pinterest Tag on a Wix Shop with Google Tag Manager?

zinfu_official

Hello Guys, I was trying to install Pinterest Tag on my Wix Shop using GTM, and so far I've had some success, I've at least installed Base Code correctly, as well as being able to trigger the events I need at the right time:

zinfu_official_0-1663816619439.png

But when I used Pin Tag Helper to test my tags I ran into a problem:

zinfu_official_1-1663816678207.png

On this issue, I have 2 questions.

1. About Enhanced Match, I check the Enable optional Enhanced match link, it asked me to add some snippets in the base code of JavaScript, however, I installed the base code via GTM, and I didn't manually add any pinterest code in my page <header></header> container, except Google Tag Manager code snippet. 

zinfu_official_2-1663816746660.png

And the question is, if I want to enable enhanced match, do I have to add the Pinterest base code to the Head position and add that JavaScript snippet to the base code?  
If I add the Pin code manually, will it conflict with the base code installed through GTM? What is the priority of these two base codes (essentially the question is will the other tags installed via GTM fail?) ) 

Or is there any guidance on enabling enhanced matching via GTM? Cause I assume I can enable Enhanced Match via GTM as well, bud IDK how to fill in this filed
zinfu_official_3-1663816772360.png

2. About Checkout event. 

It worked well ( I mean the trigger, it fires at right timing), and I checked the Google Tag Assistant, the fields that I want and correspond to the Product ID and Product Value in the Pin Tag appear in the API Call, 
but I don't know how to add the contents of these two fields to the Pin Tag:
zinfu_official_4-1663816843736.png

My current solution is to do it via JS Path as below screenshot shows, but I'm not sure if that works; I think the best way is still to look up and return values from GTM's Datalayer.

zinfu_official_5-1663816860008.pngzinfu_official_6-1663816864271.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zinfu_official

But JS Path doesn't work 😞

0 Kudos
PinterestSusana

Hi @zinfu_official, welcome to the PBC! 🙂

Regarding the Enhanced Match, since you're using GTM, you should have the option of doing so in the interface. This Help Center article shows how to do it. You can also add this code manually, as it should not interfere with your GTM implementation of the Pinterest Tag.

Regarding the order_id and revenue, this should be replaced by a dynamic variable defined by your website host. I would recommend reaching out to them, so they can provide you with this variable.

0 Kudos