Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How Often Do You Post New Content? [ Consistency over Frequency is Key! ]

BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey PBC!

This month, I learned that consistency (not frequency) matters when it comes to posting new content.

Months ago, I posted new Idea pins an average of 1-3 times per day. Then I started posting new Idea pins about 5 times per day for almost 3 months.

My analytics steadily declined for the entire 3 months.

Recently, I decreased my daily posts and noticed much better results. For example, by posting less Idea pins each day, my Saves increased dramatically per pin. 

My saves per pin this month has gone up by more than 50%. 

How often do you post? 

All the best!

@BestFunGifts 

3 Kudos
14 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Wow @BestFunGifts ! That is fascinating! I usually post one idea pin per week and I use Tailwind for scheduling standard pins weeknights. I also manually post standard pins a few times a month. This best suits my lifestyle.

4 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@BestFunGifts @hellohomegirl 

I post one Static Pin every day and I am picking up on Idea Pins maybe 1 to 2 Idea Pins a week - because I don't film in the gym anymore my numbers are not where I would like them to be but the consistency is there and I am applying this on IG and my reach is really heading up.

What I want to know is apart from uploading content to Pinterest should I be engaging more on Pinterest for example repins, likes, and saves? Thoughts? Since all of the big changes, I think I am engaging less and that is causing my numbers to change but I don't know I have tried to monitor it but I am not sure.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Lisa

3 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood I like your strategy! Maybe I'll keep decreasing the number of Idea Pins and see what the analytics reveal. 

I haven't created new Static Pins in the past few months but I know its important since we can direct pinners to our own websites. My Static Pins that I created months ago are being pinned and circulated via Tailwind. 

I'm with you on the declining engagment activity. I leave it to Tailwind to repin and share other users' content (Tailwind Communities). I rarely "like" and "save" after I post a new pin. I'm ok with the lower stats though because it frees up my time to create new content.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and good luck!!

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Awesome, thanks for sharing your strategy @hellohomegirl 😀 It seems to be working very well for you. I think I'm going to shift to one Idea Pin per week like you and @bodymindmood . I'll let you know if my analytics improve. Cheers!

2 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I love the strategy that you shared, @BestFunGifts . I too leverage Tailwind Communities, but I haven't seen a ton of return of that so I don't prioritize it.

@bodymindmood @I enjoy engaging on Pinterest, so I like and save content frequently. However, I like how @BestFunGifts @ touched on freeing up your time. 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellohomegirl @BestFunGifts 

I change my strategy every so often to what works and what doesn't I have noticed that my Static Pins are doing the same and in some cases better than other pins and regular video pins also help a lot. Do either of you notice a difference in numbers when liking or saving content?

Freeing Up Time is what I work for hence my blog post organizing content creation re Trello I have had a couple of people use the Free Board I created it's all free I encourage people to try it out and see if it helps them.

Lisa

2 Kudos
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Oh that's really insightful @bodymindmood ! I haven't noticed a difference in my analytics because I haven't created any static pins in months. So my website traffic steadily declined since we're not able to link our website URL to Idea pins. But my old high performing static pins continue to bring traffic to my site. Maybe I'll go down to one to two Idea Pins a week to work on static pins🤔

1 Kudo
BestFunGifts
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hellohomegirl I agree, Tailwind Communities can get a bit spammy depending on the group! @bodymindmood Do you have a link to your Free Board?

2 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

LOL I thought it was just me who thought that! 🤣 Here's Lisa's post with the Trello board! https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/blog/pinterest-content-organizing-your-content-creation-process/b...

2 Kudos