Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Help with affiliate marketing on the safe side with Pinterest

myweddinginspire
Just visiting
Labels (1)

I am interested in setting up affiliate marketing on a couple of my accounts but want to stay on the right side of Pinterest.

I know Pinterest allows affiliate marketing but have heard there are some suppliers that are no longer accepted.
I am aware there are tons of videos out there on how to do this but are there any links/places I can go to find out how to do it correctly within the Pinterest 2020 guidelines?

Many Thanks

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks, @PinterestGabby! We've had a couple of discussions on the Simple Pin podcast about affiliate marketing on Pinterest. This episode might be useful to you. We discuss successful ways to market your affiliates on Pinterest! https://www.simplepinmedia.com/pinterest-affiliate-marketing-tips/ 

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
14 Replies
myburntorange
Just visiting

That's a great question and I am interested in what others think as I am fairly new to affiliate marketing myself. The answer that I have found so far is that so far as the link is to your actual blog or website, the affiliate link can be put on your blog, but not directly on Pinterest. Waiting to hear other's views.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @myweddinginspire and @myburntorange! This is an excerpt from our community guidelines on affiliate links: 

• Always follow our Paid Partnership Guidelines.
  • In general, you should operate only one Pinterest account. That account should be your authentic presence on Pinterest.
  • Affiliate content should be original and add unique value for Pinners.
  • Be transparent about the commercial nature of your content. Don't use shorteners or redirectors that make the destination domain of a link unclear or that redirect for the purpose of hiding an affiliate parameter.
  • Don't try to artificially manipulate Pinterest algorithms or Pinner traffic. Some examples of prohibited behavior include:
    • Using fake accounts to create or save your affiliate links.
    • Asking other users to save your affiliate Pins in a quid pro quo.
    • Asking other users to create Pins with links that include your affiliate identifier.
    • Creating affiliate Pins repetitively or in large volumes - marketers should follow our spam policy and use affiliate links in moderation. 

Tagging in @patternprin0022 and @simplepinmedia to chime in on tips with affiliate marketing. 🙂 

3 Kudos
myweddinginspire
Just visiting

Really useful. Thank you!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to help, @myweddinginspire ! Be sure to share your findings with the community, there's quite a few affiliate questions I've seen pop up in the past few months around here! 🙂 

2 Kudos
myweddinginspire
Just visiting

Do you happen to know if there is a list anywhere of suppliers who are NOT allowed as part of an affiliate programme in 2020?  For example Etsy are in and Amazon are out (or vice versa)

Many Thanks

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @myweddinginspire! We do not have a list as of now, but I've made a note of your feedback to pass along to our team. 🙂 

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks, @PinterestGabby! We've had a couple of discussions on the Simple Pin podcast about affiliate marketing on Pinterest. This episode might be useful to you. We discuss successful ways to market your affiliates on Pinterest! https://www.simplepinmedia.com/pinterest-affiliate-marketing-tips/ 

6 Kudos
myweddinginspire
Just visiting

This could be perfect for me.I will give it a listen.
Just one quick question for either yourself or Gabby. I have 2 accounts that I would like to have affiliate links on but Pinterest suggest people only use 1 account for affiliates.

Could using two accounts lead to a suspension do you think? 

Thanks

@simplepinmedia @PinterestGabby @patternprin0022

3 Kudos
joaopcdias20
Just visiting

Would love to know as well

2 Kudos