Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Deleting a business account and creating a new one

girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hello there!

My business and niche have pivoted over the past year and hence, my existing pins are no longer aligned with the business. I was wondering if I should delete my existing business account and start a new one altogether, even if it means losing followers because they followed the account for content related to my old niche and wouldn't be fair anyways for their feed to be filled with pins about something they didn't ask for!

My question was that if I do delete my existing business account (not linked to my personal account), would I be able to claim my website when I create the new account as I still own the same domain and website? Also, would I be able to sign up using the same email as the one from the deleted account? I haven't run any ads yet if that matters!

Thanks in advance! 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Congrats on being mindful about your niche! That's always great to see. 

To make your life easy and not have to worry about claiming your website, etc etc. I would:

1. Keep your existing acount

2. Archive any boards that no longer serve your current audience and strategy

3. Create new content 

4. Adjust your keyword strategy

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else. 

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
9 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Congrats on being mindful about your niche! That's always great to see. 

To make your life easy and not have to worry about claiming your website, etc etc. I would:

1. Keep your existing acount

2. Archive any boards that no longer serve your current audience and strategy

3. Create new content 

4. Adjust your keyword strategy

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need anything else. 

4 Kudos
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

Hello! Thank you for the advise, that surely does seem more efficient 🙂

The reason I was considering a new account is that I'm unable to delete some of my pins that were pinned to some group boards. I tried doing them the usual way like other pins but nothing worked. Would you know any way to delete these? They aren't saved to any of my boards in particular but the group boards so they just show up under the "All pins" section. Perhaps I could just let them be?

Thank you once again! 🙂

0 Kudos
restlessintexasblog
Just visiting

I am so happy to have stumbled on this community while searching for Help.  I had no idea this existed.

I am in a similar situation in that I am not going to renew my Wordpress (moving to Kajabi) and was at a loss of what to do with my Blog links that will no longer work.  I am keeping my domain but will not transfer the blog aspect.

@pinterestmarketingexpert So the best thing is to archive those posts and boards?  People won't see them and get dead links then?  We certainly don't want to be penalized for that.

Thanks!!

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

You're welcome! There's really no benefit to deleting any pins, even on group boards. Focus on activities that matter. Deleting pins are simply a waste of time and offers zero benefit."All pins" section is the search bar and does not relate to how you find pins to delete. Hope that helps. Have a great day. 

2 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

When Pinners save your pins it's permanent. Even if you delete your pin that Pinners orginally saved those will live on forever on Pinterest. Does that answer your question? 

1 Kudo
peggj469
Just visiting

What are some of the earliest strategies you used in when the concept was new?

0 Kudos
peggj469
Just visiting

I agree.  The concept is so new to me, I'm really at a loss at the pros and cons, and also what to watch out for.

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

It doesn't matter if you archive your pins. If someone pinned your image you can't control what happens to that pin. 

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

How do you mean exactly? Are you referring to repinning strategies? Bottom line, focus on your own pins. 

0 Kudos