Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Conversion campaign - any tips , best practice for success please

BodySoulLiving
Just visiting

HI everyone

i've joined pinterest and started advertising my products on the platform since end Feb; so it's been almost 3 months.  I found that the platform is a great tool for generating traffic (way better than facebook IG etc) . But in terms of conversions, it really sucks.  I did not get a positive ROAS...... i was advised by the Pinterest team to set the interest grp and target customers as broad as possible, but then to me, this is the way to generate traffic, not sales.  But anyways, i've tried what they've proposed,  and obviously it never worked. I was also advised to set a budget as high as USD 100 to USD 200 per DAY from the Pinterest sales person in order to generate a positive ROAS,; to be honest, if i have this budget, i would have advertise on facebook already... since  their A.I.  learning mode is way shorter, and they have a much bigger base...Besides, how would i have the confident to increase the budget when the "conversion" campaign is not exactly performing.... Any one in this group, or someone from Pinterest could share some tips, best practice for conversion campaign or share a successful case study please?  I am selling women activewear.  If the platform keep giving me a negative ROAS,,..... then the platform just is not working for me.... sigh..

BTW, all my campaigns from the start are "conversions" campaigns, not traffic nor consideration. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @BodySoulLiving and welcome to the PBC!

Some of conversion campaigns best practices are: 

• Give campaigns 3-7 days (preferably after the Leaning Mode is complete) to scale up post-launch before making edits or truly assessing performance. It needs time to calibrate and perform successfully.
  • Do not change goal value more than 2x/week. It needs a few days to calibrate after each change.
  • Set your true CPA goal or a little bit higher to start, allow for scale, then optimize down if possible.
  • Raise budgets in approx 10-20% increments to prevent volatility.
  • Keep 1-4 Pins per ad groups max.

Let me know if you need anything else!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great tips, @PinterestSusana@BodySoulLiving let us know if there's anything else we can help you with. 🙂 

0 Kudos
BodySoulLiving
Just visiting

Thanks for replying Susan 

Just a couple of follow up questions

- what can i do to speed up the learning mode though?  what makes my learning mode learn forever in my case, it's been 3 months already, and it is still learning. have i done something wrong ? 

- can i adjust budget and target during the learning mode? if the campaign is not performing as expected, of course as a advertiser , i will do adjustments in between.  I did not change any goal value , but just the target and adjusting budget. (this was also during learning mode) . 

- for the CPA, i let the system run automatically, i checked that "Automatic" box instead of putting it on my own, is it better from your perspective? 

thanks

1 Kudo
PinterestSusana

Hi @BodySoulLiving! Glad to help. 😊

It requires 100 attributed conversions within the last 90 days for an ad group to leave Learning Mode. I wouldn't recommend making changes before the Learning Mode is complete so that it doesn’t reset and take longer. But you can go ahead and do some adjustments to your campaign.

As for the CPA, with Automatic Bidding Pinterest aims to get you the most Pin clicks at the lowest possible cost per result while also spending your entire budget. You can also enter the maximum amount for what that action is worth to you at any one time and update it.

Let me know if you need anything else!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BodySoulLiving hi there! Did Susana's response help? If so, be sure to mark it as an accepted solution so other folks in the PBC can get help, too. 🙂 

0 Kudos