Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Content Claiming Portal - will we get penalized?

causewecanevents
Just visiting

Hi team! Was reading up on the Content Claiming Portal and while it's exciting to have this help protect our content, in the wedding industry (and I'm sure in other markets) we've had some concerns/questions:

• What happens when more than one wedding vendor shares images from the same wedding gallery even though they may tag the photographer for credit?
  • I heard that if you use the photo in a pin and the same one again in a Story Pin, Pinterest will delete the whole Story Pin, is that correct?

Would love to hear best practices/tips for the wedding industry!

Thank you,

Gabby

3 Kudos
5 Replies
willowdale
Just visiting

Hi @causewecanevents - I'd love to hear more about your first question - "What happens when more than one wedding vendor shares images from the same wedding gallery" As a venue, many of our wedding professional partners share images with us with express permission to share online, but we do see the same images posted to different accounts. 

We have also noticed that large wedding listing sites may use an image of our location to draw traffic to their own website. How does Pinterest view this practice? 

2 Kudos
causewecanevents
Just visiting

Hey @willowdale Right! I know that whoever adds the photo to Pinterest first will get the highest engagement usually so I'm curious if @PinterestGabby might have insight on this!

3 Kudos
lifegoalsmag
Just visiting

I'm wondering about this as well @causewecanevents! I haven't seen Story Pins getting deleted, but I have (unintentionally) used an image shared before on Pinterest and then saw the content only get a dozen views, when they normally get thousands. Wondering what's going on here – what are best practices? And are we not able to repeat any images on Story Pins? @PinterestGabby

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@causewecanevents @lifegoalsmag @willowdale Happy Friday, friends! I do have insight on this. 🙂 

The Content Claiming Portal enables creators who have access to it to claim their images and decide how they want them to appear on the platform.  Creators should only claim content that they own the rights to, and not images they just have a non-exclusive license to use.

So, for example, if a photographer gives multiple wedding vendors permission to use her image, those wedding vendors shouldn’t claim the image, but the photographer who owns the rights to the image can.  If that photographer claims the image and choses to block it, then it would be removed from all the wedding vendors’ profiles.  If that happens, there are a couple of ways to address that issue.  First, you could contact the photographer and ask them to allow the image. 

Second, you can appeal the removal of your image, and let us know that you have permission from the photographer to use that image.The Content Claiming Portal won’t have any effect on Pins unless the image in the Pin has been claimed within the Portal. Story Pins are a new product so we’re still fine tuning the integration between Content Claiming and Story Pins. Feel free to reach out to me if you have more questions about Story Pins. 🤗

Hope this helps clarify!

3 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

This is very helpful @PinterestGabby ! Thank you!

1 Kudo