Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Best practices for Ads

RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Does anyone have tips on running ads? Like which campaigns you recommend to run that get the best return?

I am focusing on growing as much as I possible can to be seen. Just wondering what people experience was before running campaign Ads.

Thanks guys!

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fortyyoung
Just visiting

I've run a few traffic ads and have seen pretty good results (lots of people clicking through to my blog).  I wish they'd stay there longer but I'm still getting them to look at it 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
8 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for starting this thread, @RealWoodFloorsWP! Excited to hear what best practices people are willing to share. 🎉

4 Kudos
fashionayasha
Just visiting

I found so far that running a traffic ad first is more beneficial. After that, if you are selling a product shopping ads work great for boosting sales.

7 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Thank You for your feed back! I will have to give that a try! 

1 Kudo
heroine_nyc
Just visiting

I run a traffic and a conversion ad at the same time and tough the conversion ad uses up less money, it generates more impressions, clicks and engagement than the traffic ad. I still feel like both do their job though and so I always have both running parallel to each other.

My shopping ads performed well enough, but what bothered me about them was that I couldn't see a preview for what they looked like for the viewer - or is there a way to see a preview and I just couldn't find it? 😄 

3 Kudos
dishitoutsocial
Just visiting

I have had the best results with traffic ads as well. I've tried a conversion campaign for leads but the cost per lead was much higher than the traffic ads. But, I'm still learning... I've only been running ads consistently for 5-6 months now.

What are your goals for running ads?

Kyla - Founder of Dish It Out Social

profile pic (new).png

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Conversion ads gets less engagements and impressions. I tried to use more relevant keywords and specific audience but at the end my engagements and link clicks get lesser. This shows we have a lot to learn about pinterest and online marketing. 😄

I think no there is no way to preview it, your pinterest ads show up just like other pins. It is written promoted pin at the bottom of pins. So it doesn't bother people like ads on other platforms. They just show up on their feed most people doesn't even notice it is promoted pin.

1 Kudo
vamicreations1
Posts regularly

Great point about us learning more about Pinterest and Online Marketing 🙂 I wonder if Pinterest would ever be interested in creating a master class specifically designed to teach about their ads and the best ways to use them? I vote this community being in the beta testing for the masterclass 🙂 

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice is this something that could be looked at? I (and I can imagine many others) would love to have a masterclass or small course on how best to use the ads manager or promoted pins. 🙂

Thank you,

Michele

1 Kudo
fortyyoung
Just visiting

I've run a few traffic ads and have seen pretty good results (lots of people clicking through to my blog).  I wish they'd stay there longer but I'm still getting them to look at it 🙂

2 Kudos