Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Personal account deactivated but still appears on search

Hempceramic
Labels (4)

Good afternoon. There was a problem, I deactivated my personal account and left only the business, but the search still shows my old deleted account and not the main business. Tell me how this can be solved?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestIvania

Hi @Hempceramic and welcome to the Community!

What you'll want to do in this case is file a ticket with our team who will be able to diagnose and help resolve your situation. 

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime!

0 Kudos
Hempceramic

Thank you for your reply. How can I do that?

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @Hempceramic!

You can contact our support team at this link. When you follow the steps on the page I have sent to you, you will be able to add all the details about your situation.

I hope you are able to solve this. Let me know if you need help with anything else!

0 Kudos
Hempceramic

Good afternoon! This is the answer from technical support. I sent a request to Google. We are waiting for what happens)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Hi Hemp,

Thanks for your patience. Let us assure you that once you have deleted content from your Pinterest account it is removed from our systems. Similarly, when you edit your settings to turn on search privacy, a tag is added to your pages to let search engines know to exclude your profile, boards and Pins from search results. We add the tag right away, but you may already have information that's added to search results.

Should your content appear to be associated with Pinterest content in search results, this is likely due to a search engines’ cached web content. Search engines such as Google retain information of content previously on Pinterest but no longer present on the platform and therefore not on the basis of a real time search. For example, Google’s records of a web page’s content may not get updated until the next time the search engine “crawls” the page and records a copy of the information.

We would like to clarify that we are not under obligation to submit de-indexing requests to search engines on behalf of a user following the user’s deletion of content or a user turning on search privacy in their privacy settings. Search engines such as Google index the content on our platform independently, like they do all publicly-accessible online content. Therefore, the law does not impose an obligation on platforms such as Pinterest to propagate deletion of content to search engines.

I have gone ahead and submitted the request to Google on your behalf, however, to remove, or de-index, outdated cached information from another engine’s search results, a user must submit a request through the search engine’s removal tool. Below are links to the removal tools of some of the most popular search engines:

0 Kudos