Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Where to find Product ID - Shopify

yournnonce
Just visiting
Labels (5)

So I recently connected my shopify using the pinterest app. My catalog is present within Pinterest but I can't edit it or view it because it comes from Shopify. I'm waiting to be approved as a verified merchant (not sure if relevant.)

So the core of the issue. I want to tag existing pins with products from my catalog. When I click the tag product icon, it brings me to the pin builder and my options are: My pins, URL, Catalog. I'm under the impression I can connect products via catalog, but it asks for a product id. Where can I find a product id?

Shopify doesn't have a product id field, nor is there a place I can view the Pinterest product catalog on Shopify. 

I feel like I'm missing something. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 Kudo
52 Replies
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@yournnonce @pinthistrip I have the exact same issue. Would you mind also sending me the screenshot with this info? TIA!

0 Kudos
andrebadi

Hi, same situation. Please Help 
I already connected Shopify and Pinterest and it appears that the product catalog has been synced into an "all products" product group, but how do I tag a product? how can I find the product ID for the synced products?

0 Kudos
andrebadi

You can find your product ID in Shopify Admin page. Go to Products > click on the desired product, when you are on the "edit product" page, the product ID is in the URL.
If you use variants, you need to click EDIT on a specific variant and this will give you the variant ID in the URL, you can use that one to find the product when trying to tag a product with the ID

Example

https://my-shop-name.myshopify.com/admin/products/1234567/variants/36485954240671

Shopify Help article

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/variants/find-variant-id

0 Kudos
AppyBags
0 Kudos
ReadingGlassesCO

Tough finding this thread but glad I did, @PinterestGabby.  

What is a product ID, where can I find it, and what should I do with it?

What is the Pinterest tag helper? Is a "tag" the same thing as an "ID?"

If you're able to give me some direction I'd be grateful.

0 Kudos
dreamcastdesign
0 Kudos

Wondering if there was a fix in the end for this issue?

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @thetinylittledreamer, and welcome to the PBC!

When using Shopify, the IDs you need to use to find your products is the Variant ID. You can check this Shopify article, on how to find your products Variant ID.

Once you have the Variant ID, you should be able to tag the products with that ID.

I hope this helps. Give us a shout if you have any questions!

1 Kudo
0 Kudos
vanillasilk_ca
Just visiting

Thanks to this thread I was able to fix the error message for my missing Product_ID tag!

I am getting the same error message for the Category_ID. Would you have some feedback on how to fix this issue with a Shopify store?

Thanks!

0 Kudos