cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find Product ID - Shopify

Highlighted
Just visiting

So I recently connected my shopify using the pinterest app. My catalog is present within Pinterest but I can't edit it or view it because it comes from Shopify. I'm waiting to be approved as a verified merchant (not sure if relevant.)

So the core of the issue. I want to tag existing pins with products from my catalog. When I click the tag product icon, it brings me to the pin builder and my options are: My pins, URL, Catalog. I'm under the impression I can connect products via catalog, but it asks for a product id. Where can I find a product id?

Shopify doesn't have a product id field, nor is there a place I can view the Pinterest product catalog on Shopify. 

I feel like I'm missing something. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 Kudo
23 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @PinterestRyan  Can you help me with this issue? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @yournnonce, wanted to follow-up here. I checked with our team and they said that you could find the product ID from your Pinterest tag via the Pinterest tag helper. I'm going to send you a private message with a screenshot that might be helpful, too. LMK if you have any questions in the meantime!

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

so our tag says product id is missing could you message us too?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just responded to your post, @wildgoddessdesigns. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby My shopify account is having the same issue. Could you send me info?
Thank you!

-------------------------------
Artist painting flowers and landscapes of Hawaii.
See my Hawaiian art Pinterest Board here.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @yournnonce, I'm looking into this with our team and will get back to you as soon as I get more info. Appreciate your patience!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby 

I'm hoping you can help me too! I am also applying for the VMP and my Pinterest health is "unhealthy", mainly because of the missing Product ID's, but also because of page visits, checkout, value and currency issues (please see the screenshot). I don't have any product IDs for any of my products in Shopify (and don't need them). I have approx 40 products in my store, am I supposed to create IDs in Shopify for all of them just for Pinterest? Do I need to add code to Shopify for the other ''events''? Please can you help resolve this? Thanks

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 18.24.03.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@vintiige - Following up here to let you know to check out this FAQ spot in the Community for VMP.

Product Id values are required to be a part of the Verified Merchant Program so that you can review reporting on which products customers are viewing, adding to the cart, and purchasing. This adds additional data for you to make decisions and also allows you to dynamically retarget ads for those products based on how customers engage with them.

You're using Shopify, so you can utilize the Shopify App to connect to Pinterest, automatically pass your catalog, and place the Pinterest Conversion tag with events on your site. However, you'll need to remove the Pinterest tag from your site before adding the App. If done correctly, you won't need any customer code in your account and it should allow you to submit for VMP review within a 48 hrs.

If you have additional setup questions about your account, I would submit a support ticket and we'll take a closer look!

- Brad

If my reply helped you please mark it as the "Accepted Solution". Need help with an account specific VMP question? Reach out to the VMP team today!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestBrad 

Thanks so much for your reply and the information.

I am unable to connect Pinterest to my Shopify app as I live in UK. So, resolving these issues seems a little more tedious. Is there a workaround for me to add Pinterest to my Shopify as a UK resident?

Thanks

Simbi

0 Kudos