Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Where to find Product ID - Shopify

yournnonce
Just visiting
Labels (5)

So I recently connected my shopify using the pinterest app. My catalog is present within Pinterest but I can't edit it or view it because it comes from Shopify. I'm waiting to be approved as a verified merchant (not sure if relevant.)

So the core of the issue. I want to tag existing pins with products from my catalog. When I click the tag product icon, it brings me to the pin builder and my options are: My pins, URL, Catalog. I'm under the impression I can connect products via catalog, but it asks for a product id. Where can I find a product id?

Shopify doesn't have a product id field, nor is there a place I can view the Pinterest product catalog on Shopify. 

I feel like I'm missing something. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @yournnonce, wanted to follow-up here. I checked with our team and they said that you could find the product ID from your Pinterest tag via the Pinterest tag helper. I'm going to send you a private message with a screenshot that might be helpful, too. LMK if you have any questions in the meantime!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
52 Replies
yournnonce
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby @Anonymous  Can you help me with this issue? I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @yournnonce, I'm looking into this with our team and will get back to you as soon as I get more info. Appreciate your patience!

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @yournnonce, wanted to follow-up here. I checked with our team and they said that you could find the product ID from your Pinterest tag via the Pinterest tag helper. I'm going to send you a private message with a screenshot that might be helpful, too. LMK if you have any questions in the meantime!

1 Kudo
wildgoddessdesigns

so our tag says product id is missing could you message us too?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just responded to your post, @wildgoddessdesigns. 🙂 

0 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby My shopify account is having the same issue. Could you send me info?
Thank you!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @karen_whitworth, hope you're well! Been awhile since I've heard from you. 🙂 Is the issue you're running into with the tag saying your product ID is missing? Have you tried locating the product ID from your Pinterest tag via the Pinterest tag helper? Let me know. 

0 Kudos
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby ! 🙂 Yes... Hope you are doing good! I popped back in to see if the Verified Merchant Program had any ubdates regarding the phantom rejections and stumbled upon this thread while I was here.

My Tag health has always been somewhat buggy in that it rarely has all green checks. The orange diamonds seem to haunt my account randomly. The most recent iteration is attached. 🙂 It says "Overall Health" is good. But I am worried something like this ID issue may be contributing to my VM woes. 

karen_whitworth_0-1598328675840.png

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Glad to hear you're doing well, @karen_whitworth! I went ahead and tagged a member of our Verified Merchant Program team here at Pinterest, @PinterestBrad to provide some more context about your Tag Health. 🙂 

0 Kudos