Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

VMP questions

simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @PinterestBrad! One of my clients has a few different websites with their own catalogs. I'm assuming they will need a separate Pinterest account for each of those sites, correct? We can't have more than one Pinterest tag per account, correct? 

Thanks for any insight! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestBrad

Hi Tabby,

Thanks for the question! You're correct in wanting to have separate Pinterest accounts/logins for each of the websites & catalogs that you'd like to manage. Not only is there the situation of 1 Pinterest Tag per advertising account, there is also a limitation of 1 Catalog Feed per login that gets shared by any associated advertising account.

I'd recommend using separate email accounts for unique businesses and websites so each business can have it's own product feed, but also for cleaner setup/reporting in the long-run. Even though it requires remember a few login emails and passwords.

Let me know if this is helpful...you're my first reply on the community!
Brad

Need help with an account specific VMP question?
Reach out to our VMP team today!

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
8 Replies
PinterestBrad

Hi Tabby,

Thanks for the question! You're correct in wanting to have separate Pinterest accounts/logins for each of the websites & catalogs that you'd like to manage. Not only is there the situation of 1 Pinterest Tag per advertising account, there is also a limitation of 1 Catalog Feed per login that gets shared by any associated advertising account.

I'd recommend using separate email accounts for unique businesses and websites so each business can have it's own product feed, but also for cleaner setup/reporting in the long-run. Even though it requires remember a few login emails and passwords.

Let me know if this is helpful...you're my first reply on the community!
Brad

Need help with an account specific VMP question?
Reach out to our VMP team today!

5 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks so much, @PinterestBrad! That's' exactly what I was thinking just needed the confirmation. Very helpful!

Again, thank you so much! 

-Tabby

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi @PinterestBrad ! I just wanted to say hello as I don't remember seeing you here before 🙂 

I'm sure we'll be running into each other often. Is there a particular "area/knowledge base" that you're covering or are you well versed in "all things Pinterest"? I ask because that way I'll know when to tag you when someone needs help.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@simplepinmedia  Hi Tabby, I'm a bit dense when it comes to abbreviations (lol) what does VMP stand for?

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey Simone @foodiehomechef no worries! There's so much to keep up with. VMP stands for the Verified Merchant Program and @PinterestBrad works in that department. He's here to help us with VMP specific questions! 

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@simplepinmedia    Aaah that explains it, thanks for the info on VMP and also on what Brad is specializing in!

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foodiehomechef you can find the intro from Janice here

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby   Ahhh thanks for pointing me to that Gabby!

1 Kudo