Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Video Pins all showing on one page

angellawery
Posts regularly
Labels (1)

Whenever I post a video pin it never gets pulled to the keywords that I've added to it. All my video pins get placed on one page. In other words, when I scroll down into the More Like This under my video pins, all of my video pins are there. Is this happening for anyone else?

1 Kudo
8 Replies
angellawery
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby  @PinterestJanice Do you have any idea why this is happening? I have a ticket with no answer. They responded, but have no answer. I'd appreciate it if you can look at. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/6051780738212824/ Scroll down to "More like this" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @angellalawery, apologies for the delay on this! This is bizarre behavior -- I've shared your post with our support team and they've requested for you to file a ticket so they can look into it, as it might be a bug. Could you submit a ticket here? Thank you! 

0 Kudos
angellawery
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby  I did already thank you, but after looking at some other peoples video pins I found that theirs are doing the same thing. It's very weird. If you click on a video pin, for some people, all their video pins are showing up in the "More like this" area under the pin. 

I'm thinking it's on purpose somehow. After further thought, I think it may be a great way to show credibility by having what one of my coaches call, a "POW" Page, on Pinterest, lol! A Proof of work page. Idk. I just gave up trying to explain it and decided to rock with it. 😉

I appreciate you asking! Thank you!

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @angellawery I'm seeing this too.

I always thought it was normal...I'm pretty sure I've had it for as long as I can remember lol.

Is it supposed to be grouped with other pins using the same/similar keyword?

Charlotte

0 Kudos
angellawery
Posts regularly

Hi @typicallytopical . I thought that they would aggregate like static pins do once the algorithm understands what the pin's about, but it looks like they're just sitting together.

The issue I have with that part is is that it's other video pins (that aren't mine) that are beneath my pins that have nothing to do with my topics. So why are they there, lol!?! It's weird.

It's like they had this idea to push out video pins, but they don't have a place to house them or have a solid place for them to go. Or was it all by design?

Another Pinterest mystery I guess. 

0 Kudos
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@angellawery Yep. Feel you on this one. I've noticed all sorts of random videos playing underneath my own. I've noticed sometimes someone else's video will also play next after they've watched mine. But Pinterest says 'watch more from this creator'...but it's not my video lol. 

Maybe they'll group them together or something in the next updates, or list them by keywords? 

Charl

0 Kudos
angellawery
Posts regularly

Right! That's what I'm thinking too. My question is how will they continue to show up in the feed for the keywords we use? Interesting stuff. 🙂

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you both for the additional info! I've made a note of this and will share with our team for review. 🙂 

2 Kudos