Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Rejection

studiojru
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby, I have seen your posts on this topic and I was hoping you may be able to shed some light on my issue? I had two issues after my first time applying. I went through and fixed everything I could think of. One of the "issues" went away, but I still get "Merchant's information is incomplete or plagiarized". I'm not sure what that can mean? I know it's not plagiarized. I don't know what is incomplete? Do you have to have a "live chat" option on your site to be approved? That was one possibility mentioned. I do not have that, nor will I. Thank you for your help!

3 Kudos
16 Replies
kramer6177
Just visiting

I have no answers but just came here to ask the same exact question.  At most, I have copied/pasted the exact same info I have about myself on my Etsy & Shopify pages...this isn't plagiarism.  It's consistency and branding.

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@studiojru @kramer6177 Hi there I just read your posts and I have created a short video for you both as I find that trying to write everything out is just to confusing - below is a link to a video I made with some information and I am hoping that this will shed some light on finding a solution. I have also included below a link to the Verified Merchant Guidelines on Pinterest for your reference.

I hope this helps you both Lisa.😎

Video: Verified Merchant On Pinterest

Link: Pinterest Merchant Guidelines - Reference

4 Kudos
studiojru
Just visiting

@kramer6177  Mine is a Shopify site as well. Did you read the email they sent saying you were not approved? Some of the "criteria" mentioned was missing contact info (email or live chat). So you have live chat? I wouldn't think that would be something required?

0 Kudos
studiojru
Just visiting

@bodymindmood Thank you for taking the time to do such a detailed explanation! I see what you are saying about all the policies. What I had done was research a handful of other artists, that are verified merchants to see what they all included on their sites. I didn't find anyone that had all of that, most had very little, yet they were verified. So I didn't see that to be a problem. Maybe their "strictness" has changed after these artists were verified? Interesting point about the Affiliate issue. I had not thought of that since I don't sell things of theirs from my site. They didn't word it as "you can't be an affiliate", so that was unclear. Many people are affiliates, but maybe they don't put that as information on their website. Maybe only in individual posts where they may be promoting something. I am an affiliate because I work for them, I don't do a lot to work at being an affiliate, so I guess I need to think about that. That very well could be the issue. Again, thank you for the helpful explanation!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@studiojru @kramer6177  hi there, no problem these are some of things that some people don't have or don't have enough of - as I said I am not a Verified Merchant but I can only assume what Pinterest is looking for. The affiliate that really is down to interpretation and I am not 100% clear how to read that further the Clickbait section on advertising guidelines is also sort of interpretation as I said I would remove it if you think that might be the problem. Essentially, I believe Pinterest is looking for professional, clean, solid websites and if even one thing looks out of place or might be something not allowed then the site doesn't pass.

I agree with you I think their policies have changed and they are being more diligent when comes to Merchants and what is acceptable - but also for what you do I think using the site I mentioned (website policy generator) would be beneficial to you for your protection there are so many people on line who are trolling and scamming people it happens a lot and its important to not put yourself in their view. I often have seen people visiting my site only checking my website policies which tells me that their searching potentially for something I might have missed re photos or blog posts I guess searching for something to use to get money et al. its awful in my opinion but this seems to be where we have arrived online.

See This post that I responded to recently 👉🏻 Copyright Issues  My response is clear and this kind of thing happens a lot.

To your question about the "Shop Tab" I don't think you can have one without being a Merchant but I am not 100% sure I have seen those Tabs on some profiles and not others and some people are Merchants and some are not. 

Again, if you have questions just ask if I don't know I will always try to find out as it can help a lot of people. Glad you got something from the video sometimes its easier to do a video rather than writing everything out.

Glad you made it to the community! Lisa😎

1 Kudo
hey_tiff
Just visiting

Having the same issue. I have read the requirements. I cannot see any incomplete data or data that was not written be myself. They never give specifics only vague lengthy policy answers. It must be a bot flagging the accounts since support can not answer in a simple & specific manner. I am currently dealing with Google, FB, Instagram & Pinterest & they all are super frustrating.

2 Kudos
studiojru
Just visiting

@bodymindmoodI think I have made all the changes you talked about. I added several specific policies and terms of service. I deleted my affiliate information. I added an email address to my contact form page. Still no luck being approved. I'm not sure if there is anything else I will try or just give up at this point.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@studiojru Hi

Okay so here is my video in response to your comment I hope this helps. Lisa

Video Link:👇

Some Other Ideas.... 

👉Think:

DMCA Policy
Cookie Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Disclaimer Policy

1 Kudo
studiojru
Just visiting

@bodymindmood What I did was finally find these sorts of policies provided by Shopify, where I have my site. Which makes a lot of sense they would provide this sort of thing, I just hadn't found it until now. They have templates and you put in your specific info where needed. They have a big section on cookies as part of the Privacy Policy. There is some Disclaimer info in the Terms of Service page. It seems what is covered was pretty extensive. I would think they would be providing everything a seller would need since that is the purpose of using them for a website to sell goods. I used all they had, but I don't think I saw anything about the DMCA. I think you starting a YouTube channel for this would help so many people! You have been a great help!

1 Kudo