cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Merchant Program

I applied and just received word that it was not approved.  I'm at a loss because every one of the criteria mentioned in the "rejection letter"  I definitely have and should pass.  Anyone else having the same problem?

1 Kudo
Just visiting

And still we haven't heard from a single account that HAS passed as a Verified Merchant? 

This whole experience has really soured me on Pinterest. I'm not spending another advertising dime until this process is more transparent. 

1 Kudo

We have encountered the same issue. Received a rejection email and we meet all of the listed criteria in the rejection letter. It appears that this process is either conducted by AI, or very swiftly by a person who does not look closely and misses a number of details.

Between our experience and reading the previous messages in this thread, it appears that the intention is to weed out as many candidates as possible, regardless of meeting the criteria.

Its unfortunate, as I know this program, if properly supported from Pinterest's end, could be mutually beneficial for our small business as well as Pinterest. However, we know we can succeed without it, as well as without advertising on Pinterest, and the ROI between ad spend and fighting this fight simply isn't worth it.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the sharing your feedback with us, @gryphonsmoon, this is disappointing to hear. 😞 I'll be sure to forward this to our internal teams for review. This feedback is crucial for helping us improve the product experience, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos

We also have been repeatedly rejected for the Verified Merchant Program, despite following all the guidelines in the article. I've even redesigned the website so the returns and shipping policies are easier to find than ever. If I knew what I needed to improve to get the badge, I'd gladly comply - but it feels like we're just shooting in the dark. 

1 Kudo
Just visiting

It would be equally helpful to get feedback coming in our direction, rather than being left in the dark. I have yet to talk to anyone that has been approved.

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the feedback @gryphonsmoon . I am passing it along to our VMP team. 👍

1 Kudo
Just visiting

Hi, 

I checked the discussions on this post and there is one thing I wanna confirm. Pinterest does not allow stock images? the Stock images on the Product page or all pages across the website? Can you explain more on this point? Cause most of our sale banners use stock images as background, the images are downloaded from some free image download website.  I don't know the exact meaning of stock imag. Is this an issue that might have caused the rejection? 

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @joopinfashion -- we don’t allow websites that:

• Have poor editorial content, including: 
    • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring typos
    • Fuzzy or grainy images
  • Have unoriginal content, including:
    • Affiliate marketplace businesses 
    • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
    • Stock images

For more information, please check out our Merchant guidelines. Thanks!

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Just visiting

Looks like nothing has changed on this issue. This is very disappointing. We love working with Pinterest, but doesn't seem to be interested in solving this problem for us or other businesses like us.

0 Kudos