Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Verified Merchants have a blue checkmark on their profiles, and become eligible for increased distribution within high-intent shopping experiences and metrics like conversion reporting.

Is there anyone who has successfully verified their profile as a merchant on Pinterest?

Something goes wrong every time I try it. What are the steps you follow in order to verify your profile as a Merchant?

7 Kudos
60 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the sharing your feedback with us, @gryphonsmoon, this is disappointing to hear. 😞 I'll be sure to forward this to our internal teams for review. This feedback is crucial for helping us improve the product experience, so thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with in the meantime. 

0 Kudos
broideriestitch

We also have been repeatedly rejected for the Verified Merchant Program, despite following all the guidelines in the article. I've even redesigned the website so the returns and shipping policies are easier to find than ever. If I knew what I needed to improve to get the badge, I'd gladly comply - but it feels like we're just shooting in the dark. 

1 Kudo
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

It would be equally helpful to get feedback coming in our direction, rather than being left in the dark. I have yet to talk to anyone that has been approved.

0 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Thank you for the feedback @gryphonsmoon . I am passing it along to our VMP team. 👍

1 Kudo
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

I see large companies that have b been approved - I assume because that equals large spending on ads. Small businesses are left in the dark, and left to look for platforms other than Pinterest to support them. 

0 Kudos
rugratsva
Just visiting

I have read through everyone’s comments on becoming a verified merchant.  I am having the same issues.  I have applied 5 times.  My tag and catalog are uploaded and approved,  I keep getting the same list for declining and it I have complied with every point.

Business name and social media name must be consistent

Social media posts must not be predominantly memes or quotes

Social media accounts must have new content posted within the last 30 days

Merchant must have a Pinterest account older than 3 months

Merchant domain must match domain listed on merchant's account

Why doesn’t Pinterest have more help with these issues and how to fix?  I also have submitted a support ticket and the reply comes back that they don’t have anything to do with the Verified Program and to read the guidelines.

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@rugratsva Hi! good point! Thank you very much for sharing!

0 Kudos
susansoaps
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby 

Can you tell me where you apply to pass the merchant review and get your badge?

I have a green checkmark for my catalog and my tags but have been turned down three times for the Merchant Review Program.  At least the last two times the reason was:

Account does not meet the brand reputation criteria for verification

When reading the merchant guidelines I feel that my site and brand meet all of the criteria, but obviously I am missing something.  I didn't know there was a separate merchant review process or am I misunderstanding your response?

I look forward to any help you can give me with this.

Thank you.

Susan

Susan's Soaps & More

0 Kudos
joopinfashion
Just visiting

Hi, 

I checked the discussions on this post and there is one thing I wanna confirm. Pinterest does not allow stock images? the Stock images on the Product page or all pages across the website? Can you explain more on this point? Cause most of our sale banners use stock images as background, the images are downloaded from some free image download website.  I don't know the exact meaning of stock imag. Is this an issue that might have caused the rejection? 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @joopinfashion -- we don’t allow websites that:

• Have poor editorial content, including: 
    • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring typos
    • Fuzzy or grainy images
  • Have unoriginal content, including:
    • Affiliate marketplace businesses 
    • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
    • Stock images

For more information, please check out our Merchant guidelines. Thanks!

1 Kudo