Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Verified Merchants have a blue checkmark on their profiles, and become eligible for increased distribution within high-intent shopping experiences and metrics like conversion reporting.

Is there anyone who has successfully verified their profile as a merchant on Pinterest?

Something goes wrong every time I try it. What are the steps you follow in order to verify your profile as a Merchant?

7 Kudos
60 Replies
bestrosedotcom
Just visiting

kindly tell me about to how to approve Merchant account? i am so tried 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gryphonsmoon can you send over your ticket # so we can escalate internally? You should be getting responses from our support team regardless so I want to double-check on the status. Thanks! 

1 Kudo
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

@AmericanoCrystals @gryphonsmoon @yournnonce Same. I am eager to hear any news.

1 Kudo
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

Hi Gabby - I've checked my emails back and forth from Pinterest & I don't see a ticket number.

Looking further back I see a "Your request (169387) has been received and is being reviewed by our team."

Is there anything else you need? We would greatly appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks

---Bill Tuttle

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gryphonsmoon Hey Bill, that's it! That's the ticket number. I can see that someone from support followed up with you mid-June regarding your application. If you have any questions, you can open back up the ticket by replying to it and it will route to the same person who helped you initially. 

1 Kudo
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

Thanks!

I have replied to it with no response.

0 Kudos
luxeisle

I applied and just received word that it was not approved.  I'm at a loss because every one of the criteria mentioned in the "rejection letter"  I definitely have and should pass.  Anyone else having the same problem?

1 Kudo
tiedyediva
Just visiting

And still we haven't heard from a single account that HAS passed as a Verified Merchant? 

This whole experience has really soured me on Pinterest. I'm not spending another advertising dime until this process is more transparent. 

1 Kudo
melissaprell

We have encountered the same issue. Received a rejection email and we meet all of the listed criteria in the rejection letter. It appears that this process is either conducted by AI, or very swiftly by a person who does not look closely and misses a number of details.

Between our experience and reading the previous messages in this thread, it appears that the intention is to weed out as many candidates as possible, regardless of meeting the criteria.

Its unfortunate, as I know this program, if properly supported from Pinterest's end, could be mutually beneficial for our small business as well as Pinterest. However, we know we can succeed without it, as well as without advertising on Pinterest, and the ROI between ad spend and fighting this fight simply isn't worth it.

0 Kudos
gryphonsmoon
Posts regularly

Hi Gabby - Nothing here, no response. I'm not sure why they decided to keep the reason secret. I've talked to more and more people that are planning on dumping Pinterest just for this reason.

0 Kudos