cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Merchant Program

Highlighted
Problem-solver
Labels (1)

Verified Merchants have a blue checkmark on their profiles, and become eligible for increased distribution within high-intent shopping experiences and metrics like conversion reporting.

Is there anyone who has successfully verified their profile as a merchant on pinterest?

Something goes wrong everytime I try it. What are the steps you follow in order to verify your profile as a Merchant?

6 Kudos
43 Replies
Highlighted
Just visiting

@MixifyBeauty  I totally understand your frustration. I am in the same boat.

From a technical standpoint, I totally understand not being approved if there is a violation of some kind. But when we scour our sites trying to see where this could be and come up empty, and Pinterest VM program will not share what is wrong as part of their manual review from their perspective, this rejection format is only succeeding in wasting everyone's time and in the process, disenfranchising legitimate businesses who want to follow all the requirements Pinterest sets forth. 

-------------------------------
Artist painting flowers and landscapes of Hawaii.
See my Hawaiian art Pinterest Board here.
2 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. This is extremely useful for our team as they work to improve the Verified Merchant experience. We really appreciate it. FYI @MixifyBeauty, we shared the error message you received in the community with support and they're looking into it. Thanks for flagging! 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

@AmericanoCrystals, did any changes help? I really am not inclined to spend anymore time on this as it looks to be a Pinterest bug. I didn't change anything and the reason given for the second rejection is different than the first 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thanks. I just applied again, and was rejected, again. The reasons stated are different to the first rejection (no changes were made) and simply do not apply to our website. @PinterestGabby, are sites checked by a human, or bots? The reasons listed below are not applicable to our website. It's incredibly frustrating! As a small business, I don't have the time to give this process redundant hours. There's no recourse to troubleshoot, why the 30 day wait, especially as this isn't my error. Support responses dismiss us as stating they can't give specific information. More and more this is feeling like a bug in the Pinterest approval system.

Copy follows:

Disapproved verified merchant:

• Mixify Beauty
  • 'www...'

To keep shopping inspirational and actionable, we set high standards content (eg. Christmas sales in February or out of stock products)

Quality landing & product page - We care about the shopping experience from start to finish - including the URL your Shopping Pins links to. We want to make sure users find what they're looking for when they click through. We don't allow landing pages to:

• Have grammatical errors, glaring spelling errors, or excessive typos,
  • Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand,
  • Have fuzzy or grainy images,
  • Have pop-ups you cannot close or multiple ads,
  • Have unoriginal content within the "about us" section, product descriptions, or use stock images, or
  • Have out of date content (eg. Christmas sales in February or out of stock products)

Again, NONE of these reasons are to be found on our website.

Thank you

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@MixifyBeauty Hi, I know this things can be very frustrating sometimes. I haven't reapplied yet, I think I should be focused on my content and upcoming Holiday season. Of course, I also want to stand out from the crowd and have that verified merchant badge but sometimes it is what it is. Maybe be we are missing something, or whatever focus on your content and business. 

-Sophia-

Visit our Pinterest Page : https://www.pinterest.com/AmericanoCrystals/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby , still receiving the same non-helpful response word removed per Community Guidelines only merchants experiencing this

Hi Zach,

Thank you for your interest in the Verified Merchant Program. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to offer appeals or specific reasons on denied Merchant Guidelines.

Additional details into the disapproval have been sent via email to the Business Profile Owner. Marketplace guidelines may be found here. You may reapply for the program 30 days following your application submission.

Thank you for your understanding,
Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

We have submitted our business account for the second time and been rejected again. The reason given is "Account does not meet the criteria for verification.

I have contacted support and was told:
"We understand your frustration and have shared your feedback with our Product and Policy teams. Unfortunately, we are not allowed to share more details at this time."

We have been through the guidelines and cannot find anything that would run afoul of them. We were told: Guess what might be wrong and try again. We can't tell you anything. 

This is insane. How are we supposed to correct a problem that Pinterest has determined exists when you won't tell us what it is?

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

I just got a not approved notice and the same vague reason. It makes me feel like Pinterest does not care about small business. It's very discouraging. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Obviously someone, somewhere is making a call. How hard would it be to pass that information along so we don't have to keep guessing? I can't even get a response from support now. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@gryphonsmoon @yournnonce Hi!

Can you guys please let me know if you get any further information from help center? I also want to apply it again but still hesitating to be rejected again.

2 Kudos