Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Verified Merchants have a blue checkmark on their profiles, and become eligible for increased distribution within high-intent shopping experiences and metrics like conversion reporting.

Is there anyone who has successfully verified their profile as a merchant on Pinterest?

Something goes wrong every time I try it. What are the steps you follow in order to verify your profile as a Merchant?

7 Kudos
60 Replies
tiedyediva
Just visiting

I thought I posted this yesterday but I don't see it, @gurutshirt  could you say how you got a support ticket through without a merchant number? Can you tell me which help categories you chose?

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tiedyediva, I just sent you a PM with more information about approval for our Verified Merchant Program. Look forward to hearing from you! 

1 Kudo
gurutshirt
Just visiting

Hey there, @tiedyediva 

Go to Contact Page, Select Business and Advertising > Shopping > Verified Merchant program

Here you go..

3 Kudos
tiedyediva
Just visiting

Well I was able to get a ticket submitted and received the totally unhelpful reply 

"Thank you ."

@PinterestGabby  - you suggested submitting a ticket. Is there a way to get actual assistance getting into the top secret verified business club?

1 Kudo
tiedyediva
Just visiting

Well rejected again, I am giving up. My site is my life's work, every sentence and image curated carefully and professionally by me. It is 100% none of the spammy things on this list yet "support" refuses to give any individual advice as to why my site is rejected. So I give up, and I also am pulling my Pinterest ads. I'll spend with a company that wants to actually help its businesses. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 8.32.01 AM.png

6 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @tiedyediva, thanks for sharing your feedback and experience with us. We have shared this with our Verified Merchant team in hopes that we can help improve the customer experience. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for being a part of the Business Community.  

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@tiedyediva  sorry to hear that,  they rejected me as well 🙂

0 Kudos
madecreatively
Just visiting

Same here, @tiedyediva! I have received that exact same rejection email for the past 3 months. Despite contacting Business Support numerous times, nobody seems able (or wants) to tell me exactly what on my site is leading to repeated rejections. I have combed through every single page, post, product, image and line of text on my site to try and find the issue, to no avail. It is beyond frustrating to be rejected month after month for no apparent reason. Glad to hear that I'm not alone in this battle!

If anyone does get approved, please share any tips or tricks!

4 Kudos
MixifyBeauty
Just visiting

No surprise that my first post was met with a Pinterest error (attached), so am retyping 

Getting verified has been a horrendous, time consuming process, and we're not done. First, it was a non existent catalog error, then non existent tag errors, and now, the reason given for rejection is invalid, our delivery policy is clearly accessible on our website. And now we must wait 30 days to reapply? There is no recourse for clarification. Support's response - you have to wait, we don't tell you why you were rejected. Why? This isn't my error.

How many small businesses have endless time and resources to "try again later"? There have been numerous bugs throughout this process, clearly Pinterest bugs, that have been placed onto this user to fix. I don't have time for this, Pinterest is just one application that expects small businesses to bear the burden of product testing. Pinterest, will this generate more sales at the end of the day? 

Please fix your bugs ahead of pushing out features. With all these redundancies,. who has time to do business?

@PinterestGabby another pinterest error 2.PNG

4 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@MixifyBeauty I totally understand you, I got the same rejection email says that they are unable to tell me why I was  rejected. Things happen sometimes, I will do some changes on our website and reapply again.

1 Kudo