Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Verified Merchants have a blue checkmark on their profiles, and become eligible for increased distribution within high-intent shopping experiences and metrics like conversion reporting.

Is there anyone who has successfully verified their profile as a merchant on Pinterest?

Something goes wrong every time I try it. What are the steps you follow in order to verify your profile as a Merchant?

7 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @AmericanoCrystals! Hope you're enjoying your weekend. 

Before you apply for the Verified Merchant Program, you need to complete the following for your Pinterest profile: 

1. Connect your catalog to turn your products into product Pins 🛍
  2. Install the Pinterest tag to access analytics 📌
  3. Pass merchant review and get your badge. 🎫

Here's a link to the full article on our Help Center about the program. 

Could you share where in this process you're running into issues? Are you getting any kind of error message? Have you filed a ticket with our support team? 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
60 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @AmericanoCrystals! Hope you're enjoying your weekend. 

Before you apply for the Verified Merchant Program, you need to complete the following for your Pinterest profile: 

1. Connect your catalog to turn your products into product Pins 🛍
  2. Install the Pinterest tag to access analytics 📌
  3. Pass merchant review and get your badge. 🎫

Here's a link to the full article on our Help Center about the program. 

Could you share where in this process you're running into issues? Are you getting any kind of error message? Have you filed a ticket with our support team? 

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey! Dear @PinterestGabby Thank you for your help. I think the problem is the Pinterest tag, I installed it in a wrong way so everytime it says "your profile needs attention". I will install it again and let you know the results! 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Keep us posted, @AmericanoCrystals! If you run into the error message again, can you share a screenshot so we can check with our team? 

0 Kudos
gurutshirt
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Hi Gabby,
We have filed 2 tickets after our disapproval to explain our business model. It was a rejection that came out with a notification on our business hub saying that "Resale marketplaces are not allowed". Since we are not a resale marketplace still we do not get any answers sadly. We hope we will catch the attention of the responsible team.

1 Kudo
gurutshirt
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Hi Gabby,

We have filed 2 tickets after our disapproval to explain our business model to catch the responsible team's attention since we have got a rejection message saying that "Resale marketplaces are not allowed". Since we are not a resale marketplace we hope to get approved.

Best

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gurutshirt, welcome to the community! Just to confirm, this is in regards to the Verified Merchant Program, correct? 

1 Kudo
gurutshirt
Just visiting
1 Kudo
karen_whitworth
Posts regularly

Yes, same here. I am having issues with my Pinterest Tag on my Shopify store. Pinterest says it is installed yet "unhealthy". It is reporting page visits but not "Add to cart" or "checkout." I have tried unlinking the Pinterest account from my shopify store and re-adding it, but that has not helped. 

karen_whitworth_0-1591484917632.png

1 Kudo
tiedyediva
Just visiting

I am having a similar problem, I was rejected but I cannot find the reason for it. I tried to open a ticket and am not sure which problem to choose, and the contact form requires a merchant number which I don't have. 

My catalog is uploaded, my tag is installed and healthy, but I got the standard rejection and need help from someone to tell me what needs changing. 

4 Kudos