cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Merchant Program Rejection (again)

Highlighted
Just visiting

I want to echo what others have said, @PinterestBrad.  It is extremely disappointing that Pinterest invites businesses to apply and rejects them citing criteria not contained in any documentation about the program.

Then, Pinterest puts the rejection as a "badge of shame" at the top of the Business Hub.  Not a pleasant thing to greet you every time you visit the hub.

Business Hub rejection.jpg

My business meets every listed criteria for the program yet has also been rejected twice and follow-ups to the VMP team lead to being directed to the same, insufficient documentation that lacks any mention of the used criteria.  

A souring experience to say the least.  I'm hopeful Pinterest realizes the flaws in communicating about this program and corrects them soon. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi Brad, 
I've found myself in an unsolvable situation. 
My rejection reason is for brand requirements. Pinterest is using an old brand name for the VMP verification process "YournNonce Vintage" and it is being rejected for not matching my website or social media. (which is now YournNonce.) 
I updated my brand this year and have applied multiple times and gotten this rejection reason twice. 
I've gone through and double checked all my social media, website and pinterest. All of my account details are YournNonce, but The VMP rejection email still shows "YournNonce Vintage" as the merchant name. My billing details in pinterest say YournNonce, as does the profile info.

I'm at a loss of what to do. Everything on my end says YournNonce. 
I'm starting to think there is an error on Pinterest's end or cached data is being used instead of current. 

Any thoughts? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks for your support. I revised the list of policies and have a question.
I have a claimed website and Etsy store. Also some products into another platform.
It infringes "Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces"?
Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Well Brad, that sounds like a pre-written canned response. Clearly there's a problem and your customers are reaching out to you for guidance. Saying that you know it's frustrating doesn't help. Perhaps offer "Tips" to troubleshooting your rejection for VMA would be a better way to handle a customer service inquiry. After reading your response, it makes me not care about Pinterest. I can't possibly fix something if I don't know what to fix. That's garbage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

What she said!

0 Kudos