Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program Rejection (again)

yournnonce
Just visiting

I was previously rejected with a vague "doesn't meet guidelines" reason. 
I changed nothing. Reapplied. 

Now the rejection reason is
"Account does not meet the brand reputation criteria for verification"

The email I received outlines brand requirements. I currently meet all of them, however my brand name included in the email is an old one that I changed earlier this summer. I removed a word from the end of my brand name.  I have no idea why they're using the old name or where it would show up, as its not on any of my accounts. 

I submitted a ticket, but based on communications here and a prior ticket, appeals are not a thing, so I don't expect to hear back with anything other than sorry re-apply in a month. 

I would love to use this feature. I don't understand what the hang up is or why the approval issues. 

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestBrad

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to chime in on the discussion as it relates to VMP & Policy disapprovals.

It is true that our VMP Support team isn't allowed to share much detail into your specific disapproval reasons or give you step-by-step instructions on what to fix on your site in order to fit within the policies when your next review window opens after 30 days. I realize this can be frustrating for clients that are totally legitimate and want to make necessary changes to comply with policy and become a Verified Merchant. It's also less than ideal as someone supporting clients when only limited information is available to share with customers looking to do the right thing in order to become a Verified Merchant.

While I can't offer more details into your disapproval situation or communications, I can assure you that our teams realize this is a less than preferred experience for many clients that are trying to navigate the VMP approval process. The teams are hard at work on trying to improve messaging in the emails and the overall application process. A few on this thread have mentioned recent updates that expanded some of the details embedded in the disapproval emails - that's an early example on how the team is trying to balance customer feedback with protecting user safety and putting Pinners first.

I don't have any concrete future process updates or timelines, but please continue to reach out to our support team when you have questions related to onboarding to VMP and we'll be happy to help!

-Brad

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
32 Replies
jeswes
Posts regularly

I agree that specified reasons written by an actual person would be helpful. We can’t fix it if we have no idea what we did wrong!

My shop also got rejected back in May “prohibited content guidelines”.  That was rather alarming, like I was up to illegal activities! They have since re-worded the guidelines page and now I can guess what content they objected to. But I think we’d like to get more specific answers, so there's no question.

I took a look at your Pinterest and store’s website, @yournnonce, don’t see anything wrong with it. It looks like a legitimate shop. It’s all very nice if you ask me. 

1 Kudo
wowwordz
Just visiting

The same thing happened to me when trying to be approved for the Verified Merchant Program. I received the same vague responses you did and others that made no sense. Very frustrating. Pinterest is in the early stages of this program. I'll apply again when they figure out what they are doing.

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@yournnonce  I'm going to tag @PinterestBrad. He's here to help answer VMP specific questions. 

1 Kudo
PinterestBrad

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to chime in on the discussion as it relates to VMP & Policy disapprovals.

It is true that our VMP Support team isn't allowed to share much detail into your specific disapproval reasons or give you step-by-step instructions on what to fix on your site in order to fit within the policies when your next review window opens after 30 days. I realize this can be frustrating for clients that are totally legitimate and want to make necessary changes to comply with policy and become a Verified Merchant. It's also less than ideal as someone supporting clients when only limited information is available to share with customers looking to do the right thing in order to become a Verified Merchant.

While I can't offer more details into your disapproval situation or communications, I can assure you that our teams realize this is a less than preferred experience for many clients that are trying to navigate the VMP approval process. The teams are hard at work on trying to improve messaging in the emails and the overall application process. A few on this thread have mentioned recent updates that expanded some of the details embedded in the disapproval emails - that's an early example on how the team is trying to balance customer feedback with protecting user safety and putting Pinners first.

I don't have any concrete future process updates or timelines, but please continue to reach out to our support team when you have questions related to onboarding to VMP and we'll be happy to help!

-Brad

3 Kudos
mrdirect
Just visiting

Same thing is happening to us.  Out tag is in good "health", our content is always up to date and fresh.  Our ads are performing amazingly well.  Can't find a single thing wrong with our account, and yet they always just give a vague list of reasons as to why we got denied.  It is so frustrating.  Especially with the amount of money we spend on ads every month.  Please let me know if you figure out how to resolve this, or at least get in touch with someone who will give a real reason for rejection.

5 Kudos
vintageshopperstore
Just visiting

@PinterestBrad 

Hi I've applied twice, and been denied twice with the reason: Account does not meet the brand reputation criteria for verification.

I've read through all the guidelines and our site meets ALL of them.

If I was Pinterest, I'd be a little more friendly and helpful to their customers. That's right, we're the ones paying for ads and ultimately will be responsible for whether Pinterest sinks or swims.

7 Kudos
patternprin0022
Posts regularly

I tried, was accepted for step 1 and 2. The verification step 3 was denied, vague response that sent me to the guidelines. So without the actual detail there is no way I can fix anything. I gave up. So disappointing. Now my ETSY page points to a shop with no links. I can't get my boards to show back up. How frustrating and a bad user experience for anyone that now visits my Pinterest page. I did a help ticket with no help provided except go read this or that. I did, but no solution. One even told me to ask fellow bloggers here. good grief! 

anyway, I feel everyone's pain that has posted above me on this. 

6 Kudos
MixifyBeauty
Just visiting

This!!!!

1 Kudo
MixifyBeauty
Just visiting

@Anonymous 

@PinterestGabby 

Have you tried to apply as a brand? Please do and see the frustrations we are facing. This is the third, maybe fourth time I've applied, and been rejected, each time with a different reason, each time NONE of the reasons given hold true. This is amply time for your VMP team to resolve "less than preferred experience for many clients that are trying to navigate the VMP approval process. The teams are hard at work on trying to improve messaging in the emails and the overall application process". The latest reasons are below:

• Business name and social media name must be consistent
• Social media posts must not be predominantly memes or quotes
• Social media accounts must have new content posted within the last 30 days
• Merchant must have a Pinterest account older than 3 months
• Merchant domain must match domain listed on merchant's account

We meet all the above listed criteria.

It appears that Pinterest is actively working against small businesses with this program and continues to support large brands. Not cool Pinterest. Get it together and support the small businesses that support you.

12 Kudos