Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Pinterest Tags Question

caseypeeler
Just visiting

@businessbrad I've have been struggling to get my Verified Merchant program due to not being about to create a data source for my Weebly website.  I've got the download via CSV file, but it wants a link.  Suggestions on how to do that via Weebly?  I went simple and did a google doc link but that didn't work. 

Thanks in advance!

Casey

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestBrad

Hi Casey!

You would either need to work with Weebly to figure out how to host the link to your data feed on your Weebly site, or you can attempt to follow the steps below to use your Google Sheets version of your feed and add the updated link within the Ads > Catalog section of your account. Regarding the tag, you'll need to manually make updates to the code to add the required events (PageVisit, AddToCart, Checkout) and pass the product_id values, Weebly should also be able to direct you on how to make updates within your Weebly account.

If you still have trouble uploading the tag/feed for VMP requirements, please submit a ticket here so our team can work directly with you on account specifics!

Google Sheet Data feed: Users can host feed in google drive using their account. Here is what the need to do: 

1. Upload CSV/TSV to Google Drive
  2. Set sharing permissions to "Anybody can edit"
  3. Get "file id" which could be located by looking at the URL of the spreadsheet. 
  4. Append file_id after https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=
  5. Done! Url is ready to be used!

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
5 Replies
PinterestBrad

Hi Casey!

You would either need to work with Weebly to figure out how to host the link to your data feed on your Weebly site, or you can attempt to follow the steps below to use your Google Sheets version of your feed and add the updated link within the Ads > Catalog section of your account. Regarding the tag, you'll need to manually make updates to the code to add the required events (PageVisit, AddToCart, Checkout) and pass the product_id values, Weebly should also be able to direct you on how to make updates within your Weebly account.

If you still have trouble uploading the tag/feed for VMP requirements, please submit a ticket here so our team can work directly with you on account specifics!

Google Sheet Data feed: Users can host feed in google drive using their account. Here is what the need to do: 

1. Upload CSV/TSV to Google Drive
  2. Set sharing permissions to "Anybody can edit"
  3. Get "file id" which could be located by looking at the URL of the spreadsheet. 
  4. Append file_id after https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=
  5. Done! Url is ready to be used!
3 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @caseypeeler ! It sounds like you and @PinterestBrad were able to connect via PM today, isn't he the best? Let us know if there's anything else we can help with. Welcome to the PBC by the way. 🙂 Great to have you. 

0 Kudos
phillipsr1

Hi Janice.  We are unable to verify tag.  Information has been added to our website by our web developer.  We have requested help through Pinterest Support but have not received any form of reply through email or phone.  Can you help us?

0 Kudos
PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @phillipsr1 and welcome to our community!

I apologize in advance if I am misreading your message, but I believe you are referring to the implementation of the Pinterest tag, am I right? Since you had your web developer looking into this already, I believe your best option is to contact our support team as you did. It can take up to a few hours before they answer back though. Let me know if you haven't heard from them or if you need anything else! 😉

0 Kudos
ernest2385
Just visiting

Hi, I want to know where and how to download the correct data source file. Can it be copied from Shopify or Facebook files? Are they in the same format? Hope someone can give me advice. Thanks

0 Kudos