Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

US Pinterest manager for a UK client....No reach on pins - Help!

thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello!

I thought I'd reach out to see if anyone else is having this same issue.  I am a Pinterest manager in the US and one of my clients is based in the UK. 

It's an e-commerce brand selling planners, journals, and notebooks.  Great products, especially this time of year with people goal planning and such.  I've done a mix of video pins (manually pinned on Pinterest using tags) and scheduling static pins and product pins in Tailwind.  However, I am not getting any reach on her pins.  Could it be a time-zone thing?  When I'm pinning during the day here in the US, it's night time in the UK.  That's the only thing I can think would be the issue. 

Anyone else in a similar situation? Have you come up with any other strategies or solutions? 

Thanks!

1 Kudo
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good topic to start, @thehalcyonhive! @simplepinmedia @BryannaVPH any thoughts here? Not sure if you have clients overseas but thought I'd tag just in case. 🙂 

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks, @PinterestGabby !

So I've been testing a few things out:

When I manually create a video pin in Pinterest with a strongly keyworded title/description and relevant tags from one of my US client's accounts, I see almost instant reach after it's published.  

With this UK account, I even utilized trends.pinterest.com to see what trending and worked those images and keywords into my video pin (plus added relevant tagging).  Still nothing...

The last option I can think of is to reach out to Pinterest to see if her account or domain got caught up on a spam filter.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks @PinterestGabby Hey there @thehalcyonhive. It could be a variety of reasons. For context, did you recently start pinning for this client? How long have they been on Pinterest with an active account? How is the user's experience when they click through to their website? 

If they've been doing this Pinterest gig for a while with success in the past and then suddenly dropped, it could be from the weird issues Pinterest had this year. But it could also be from their algo change causing this client to have to step up their game. From our experience, the comeback period can take months. 

Going forward the best thing you can do is encourage your client to keep creating great content. Be consistent on the platform and incorporate beautiful static and video pins with keyworded descriptions, story pins once you have access, etc.  

Timing of pinning could be a factor but I don't think it's a big one. I believe you can change the time zone in Tailwind to match your client's demographic. Is their audience primarily in the UK? 

-Tabby

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@simplepinmedia  Thanks for your reply, Tabby!  This client has been using Pinterest for a couple of years.  Previously a VA was creating/scheduling pins for her, but I recently took over the account and in October.  It could possibly be due to the algorithm change because we have been consistently pinning, testing video, product pins, set up their catalog, etc.   I totally understand that things take time!  I've just been frustrated because since I took it over, I've ramped everything up and use targeted keywords and images that are specifically trending.  But nothing...It's so disappointing to see 0-2 impressions on each pin.  😭 Ah, the joy (and mystery) of Pinterest!

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I hear you! And it's even more frustrating as a Pinterest manager b/c you know you're doing all the right things but your client might not 😞 

Keep doing all the good things you're already doing with their account. If it really does seem totally off, I would try reaching out to their help desk. Wouldn't hurt to try! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
BryannaVPH
Just visiting

Hi there!  I would definitely reach out to the help desk, as someone else mentioned, just to make sure everything looks ok. Also, make sure you have adjusted the time zone to match your client's in Tailwind, so that pins are going out at optimal times. Unfortunately, with this year being so wonky and with the algorithm changes, I feel there are more and more people seeing results like this.   I would try those suggestions and and keep doing what you're doing; hopefully you'll start to see an uptick in the spring. 

3 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey guys - Happy New Year!

Just wanted to circle back here since I got a response back from Pinterest from my help ticket and wanted to share it with you here:

We appreciate you writing in. 

Firstly, we would like to apologize for the tardiness in getting back to you regarding the situation with your stats. We decided to have your domain checked prior to replying to you, so now we are glad to inform you that, it has not been affected by spam.  

I am also sorry if we did not get back to you in time for you to run ads during New Year´s. Hope you understand we did not want to give you a reply before a detailed check in your domain and account. 

With that being said, we may infer that the drop we have seen in your impressions may be due to the number of re-Pins. Please note that, Pinterest is introducing a new business profile design that distinguishes between content that you’ve published and content that you’ve saved. There were recent updates made in which content Saved via the Tailwind extension was mis-categorized as 'published'. As a result, those Pins would have been attributed to the Saver as if they had Published that content. Tailwind is in the process of implementing the necessary adjustments to ensure this doesn't happen going forward. In the meantime, only content that is published via Tailwind and is mapped to your claimed domain will be categorized as ‘Published’.

Pinterest encourages creators to publish new, original content on a regular basis as the best way to build an audience on Pinterest. We encourage new publishing over Saving others' or your own already-pinned content. Pinners come to our platform to find new ideas and as we continue to update our service, we'll prioritize new original content published by creators over Saves. This is true whether you publish content through Pinterest directly or through a third party scheduling tool. 

I am content to see that you are already familiarized with publishing guidance through this article trends.pinterest.com, however, if you wish to read more about saved and published content, I suggest you read the article below.
https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/publish-your-content

I hope this information helps. Please let me know with you need further assistance on this or any other subject. I will be happy to help. 

Have a nice day!

So it sounds like she's just reiterating the "fresh" pin best practice.  Since taking over the account last October, I've only created fresh pins.   Most have been scheduled with Tailwind, however, video pins and product pins I publish manually on Pinterest.   I'm guessing, as a few of you had mentioned above, it probably just needs more time.  Unfortunately, my 3-month contract period has come to an end with this client and I'm not sure she will continue (hopefully with promoted pins instead....).  But thank you all for your thoughts and support!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing the response from support here with the community, @thehalcyonhive

0 Kudos
IrresistibleLtd

Hi, I just wanted to ask if there is any issue between accounts in the UK and the US. I have a business UK account and am trying to accept employee invitations from my US clients so I can work on their account for them but it is constantly buffering and saying email addresses are not valid when they are. Is it a Pinterest.com to a Pinterest.co.uk thing? Any advice appreciated. Thanks Claire 

0 Kudos