Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Upon login I'm asked to build a profile?

owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi All!

Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this...every time I log into Pinterest, I'm redirected to a screen asking me to build my profile.

I have an established Pinterest account and I haven't changed anything. I'm nervous to re-enter info in case it overwrites something.

Luckily, I can bypass this screen and I checked my settings; everything looks good, so not sure why I'm seeing this page upon login. 

Is this happening to anyone else? 

Screenshot.jpg

2 Kudos
17 Replies
carlyonpurpose
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby I have this on all accounts that were created BEFORE mid-2020. 

HOWEVER, when I fill it out, it seems to kill the option to add tags on my pins (essential now that pinterest is siphoning off our traffic to those shop pages if we DONT add tags). Installing the pinterest ads tag seems to "fix" the inability to tag on some accounts, but not all. 

What should we do to get the "tagging" ability back? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
madebymelodyflynn
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby One of my clients had their account unclaimed as well. Is there a fix for this or does she need to reclaim her website?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, thanks for your patience while we looked into this today. Our team has indeed identified a bug in the sign-in flow which is resulting in the prompt that @owlbbaking shared via screenshot. Our engineering team has since fixed the issue and this has been resolved! If you're still experiencing trouble, please let us know so we can escalate. Thank you! 🤗

6 Kudos
kryssaaddula

I wasn’t able to bypass it myself, so I just ended up filling it out. I was stuck on industry for awhile because my account doesn’t really fit into one category. I just chose “other” (story of my life). Hopefully, it doesn’t affect my account and show my pins less.

0 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi @simplepinmedia ! 

Apologies for the delay in reply! To bypass it, I clicked on my profile pic in the upper right hand corner of the screen and clicked on settings or another menu item to exit that screen. 

But actually, things seem to be working normal again!

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you! @PinterestGabby 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
GirlJustDIY
Just visiting

I have been unable to ad Tags to my pins and did not experience the sign-in flow issue. I've tried adding Tags to new pins but only get errors. I am not able to add tags to any existing pins either. My account has been verified for nearly 3 years and a few years prior to that before I rebranded.  Can someone please help me?  I've tried going through the Help channels but they only tell me it should be resolved and should work for me but it's not.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Interesting, @GirlJustDIY, thanks for flagging this. I know you mentioned you went to support already, but would you mind sharing the ticket # with me so I can look into it? You can send me a private message if you prefer. Thank you! 

0 Kudos