cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upon login I'm asked to build a profile?

owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi All!

Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this...every time I log into Pinterest, I'm redirected to a screen asking me to build my profile.

I have an established Pinterest account and I haven't changed anything. I'm nervous to re-enter info in case it overwrites something.

Luckily, I can bypass this screen and I checked my settings; everything looks good, so not sure why I'm seeing this page upon login. 

Is this happening to anyone else? 

Screenshot.jpg

Thanks!!
Liz

? https://owlbbaking.com
2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, thanks for your patience while we looked into this today. Our team has indeed identified a bug in the sign-in flow which is resulting in the prompt that @owlbbaking shared via screenshot. Our engineering team has since fixed the issue and this has been resolved! If you're still experiencing trouble, please let us know so we can escalate. Thank you! 🤗

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
17 Replies
jeswes
Posts regularly

Yes! I'm glad you posted this, I am also nervous that it will make unwanted changes. I also seem to already have this info on my account. I'm not sure why it's asking me again.

0 Kudos
kryssaaddula

I wasn’t able to bypass it myself, so I just ended up filling it out. I was stuck on industry for awhile because my account doesn’t really fit into one category. I just chose “other” (story of my life). Hopefully, it doesn’t affect my account and show my pins less.

0 Kudos
byfionadawn

The same is happening for me and I felt the same! How did you manage to bypass that screen though? The only solution I have found is to only use Pinterest on my phone or tablet.

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi Liz 👋 Can you switch accounts? I had something similar a while ago and Support was great they got it resolved - but when I tried to switch accounts it wouldn't let me or else the same screen would show up.

Lisa😁

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: Real South American Living Thanks! Lisa❤️
Currently Pinning to: southamerica.fit Happy Valentine's Day❤️
0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Loves to help

I've had the same issue on my desktop and Android, but am able to bypass it. My guess it's just a bug to be worked out.

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@owlbbaking We are seeing this on multiple accounts for our clients, as well. How did you bypass it? 

@PinterestGabby  do you know why we're seeing this prompt on some accounts? 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
1 Kudo
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi @simplepinmedia ! 

Apologies for the delay in reply! To bypass it, I clicked on my profile pic in the upper right hand corner of the screen and clicked on settings or another menu item to exit that screen. 

But actually, things seem to be working normal again!

Thanks!!
Liz

? https://owlbbaking.com
0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Interesting, @GirlJustDIY, thanks for flagging this. I know you mentioned you went to support already, but would you mind sharing the ticket # with me so I can look into it? You can send me a private message if you prefer. Thank you! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
jeswes
Posts regularly

I wasn’t able to bypass it myself, so I just ended up filling it out. I was stuck on industry for awhile because my account doesn’t really fit into one category. I just chose “other” (story of my life). Hopefully, it doesn’t affect my account and show my pins less.

1 Kudo