Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Upon login I'm asked to build a profile?

owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi All!

Curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this...every time I log into Pinterest, I'm redirected to a screen asking me to build my profile.

I have an established Pinterest account and I haven't changed anything. I'm nervous to re-enter info in case it overwrites something.

Luckily, I can bypass this screen and I checked my settings; everything looks good, so not sure why I'm seeing this page upon login. 

Is this happening to anyone else? 

Screenshot.jpg

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, thanks for your patience while we looked into this today. Our team has indeed identified a bug in the sign-in flow which is resulting in the prompt that @owlbbaking shared via screenshot. Our engineering team has since fixed the issue and this has been resolved! If you're still experiencing trouble, please let us know so we can escalate. Thank you! 🤗

View solution in original post

6 Kudos
17 Replies
jeswes
Posts regularly

Yes! I'm glad you posted this, I am also nervous that it will make unwanted changes. I also seem to already have this info on my account. I'm not sure why it's asking me again.

0 Kudos
byfionadawn

The same is happening for me and I felt the same! How did you manage to bypass that screen though? The only solution I have found is to only use Pinterest on my phone or tablet.

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi Liz 👋 Can you switch accounts? I had something similar a while ago and Support was great they got it resolved - but when I tried to switch accounts it wouldn't let me or else the same screen would show up.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I've had the same issue on my desktop and Android, but am able to bypass it. My guess it's just a bug to be worked out.

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@owlbbaking We are seeing this on multiple accounts for our clients, as well. How did you bypass it? 

@PinterestGabby  do you know why we're seeing this prompt on some accounts? 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
jeswes
Posts regularly

I wasn’t able to bypass it myself, so I just ended up filling it out. I was stuck on industry for awhile because my account doesn’t really fit into one category. I just chose “other” (story of my life). Hopefully, it doesn’t affect my account and show my pins less.

1 Kudo
basiacanhelp
Just visiting

Hello! 

I too have encountered this issue (even with a verified merchant account for one of my clients). I bypass this by clicking on the drop down arrow on the top left, then click on settings, then click on my profile photo. 

I hope that helps in the meantime and hope they fix this bug soon! 

Basia

0 Kudos

We had the same prompt on our account and it was filled out and now it has unclaimed our website that was previously claimed. Is Pinterest rolling out a fix for this? @PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for reporting, everyone! We're looking into this and will share an update once we hear back from our internal support teams. Stay tuned...🤞

3 Kudos