Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Trouble with Verified Merchant & Squarespace

simpleecology
Just visiting

I'm trying to become join the Verified Merchant Program, but am having a lot of trouble with Tag Health, Product IDs, and code in Squarespace. Our Tag Health is "unhealthy" because of missing Product IDs in Page Visits, Add to Cart, and Checkout, along with a missing Value in Checkout. I've tried using the Chrome Tag Helper extension, but I have no way of knowing what is and is not working with the code or how to fix it. Is this a common issue or is there something specifically wrong with our code that needs to be fixed?

I've emailed support and they were unable to provide help beyond linking articles from the pinterest developers site, and squarespace can not provide any support for outside code.

1 Kudo
4 Replies
jjfryy
Just visiting

been running into the same issue. Seems there's no help anywhere! Not even my account manager seems to know how to get my client verified.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback here, @jjfryy and @simpleecology! Since it sounds like you both have filed support tickets, could you share with me the ticket # so I can escalate with our team? I want to make sure you're both getting the help you need. 

0 Kudos
MYCANAVA

Hello @PinterestGabby I'm having the same issue, via ticket number 248150.

0 Kudos
PinterestBrad

Hi @jjfryy @simpleecology @MYCANAVA 

I wanted to jump in from the VMP team to try to give a bit more context. I understand the frustration when 2 systems aren’t working and you’re not able to get a quick resolution.

Right now, when it comes to Squarespace, we don’t have a fully built integration that seamlessly allows for users to pass their feed/tag setup between accounts (like we have with the Pinterest for Shopify app). In most cases, the best solution is to try to manually set up the tag and create a feed that you can add to your Pinterest account. Please note, unfortunately our team is not able to make the edits to site code for customers, or troubleshoot any 3rd party plugin/tool to accomplish the requirements.

We usually suggest that customers in one of the above situations either engage with a technical resource/developer at their company to make the required updates to their site directly vs using the Squarespace out of the box tools, or they engage a developer service that can help support tag/feed implementation on their site.

I realize this might not be the best answer to help you resolve the issues on your site today so that you can join the VMP program. We are actively working on improving the overall VMP setup process, requirements, and the number of integrations with 3rd party platforms, however we don’t have any specific timelines right now for those updates. 

1 Kudo