Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Tailwind best practices

PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Tailwind hosted Pinterest programs partner manager Lucy Matthews yesterday on Facebook live for a chat about best practices using Tailwind. I've seen you all discuss Tailwind often and I know you all are always curious best practices so here's a chance to hear it directly from Pinterest! Let us know if you have any feedback and I can pass it on to Lucy. 🙂

https://www.facebook.com/Tailwind/videos/734528283741929

8 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Thank you for sharing it with us! Tailwind is very important for Pinterest marketers and less time consuming. It is very encouraging seeing them working together as a team and open for discussions.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
12 Replies
thelivehim
Posts regularly

Thanks for sharing this! Just got done watching the stream.

I wanted to highlight the "fresh content". I highly recommend everyone to watch the initial part of the video to review the Fresh Content updates. 

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Thank you for sharing it with us! Tailwind is very important for Pinterest marketers and less time consuming. It is very encouraging seeing them working together as a team and open for discussions.

3 Kudos
PartynwPlants
Just visiting

Janice- Thank you for sharing this video! I loved it and even saved it so I can watch it again to make sure I took all the notes I need. Lucy did a great job too!

Nicole 🙂

2 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@PinterestJanice  Loved the video! One question I'm seeing in the blogging community is what does this mean for Tailwind Smartloops. Does this new focus on fresh content make the Smartloop feature obsolete? 

Thanks so much for keeping us informed!

2 Kudos
patternprin0022
Posts regularly

I keep wondering the same thing.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@patternprin0022 @healthyambitionsteam I bet @tailwind could shed some light on this...😉

1 Kudo
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Hey @PinterestGabby !! Happy to see this forum back up!

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

Hi! Here's a snippet of me (Alisa) talking to Danny in that same FB Live... https://youtu.be/aWwqBKm68mU

Basically, you can still reshare Pins at sensible intervals but long term, your best benefit is going to come from new Pins. If you have a "slow" time, you could always make a bunch of Pins for your seasonal content and drop them in to a Loop for that season.

2 Kudos
patsww
Just visiting

I am really getting confused; need help from the best Pinterest practices.

Some say you pin your pin to 10 boards (Tailwind says)

Others say max 5 boards.

I took training, she said at the most 2-3 boards you can pin your pin.

Yesterday I attended a conference and the speaker said only one board you should pin your pin. 

I am so confused. Please guide me with the best practices. 

Thanks

<>Sue

0 Kudos