Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Story Pins

seattlecrystal
Just visiting
Labels (1)

Hello,

I've recently started using story pins, and they seem to be wildly popular with my audience.   Has anyone else used them yet?  Any "best practices" you can share to keep viewer interest after the initial post?  

Thanks!

Crystal

2 Kudos
3 Replies
jessie_voigts

I spent hours creating one and the site locked up on me; I lost everything. I'm going to wait a bit, before investing time again, until the platform functions a bit better. I'm so happy to hear it is working for you!

0 Kudos
homeecathome
Just visiting

I have made several.  Pinterest featured my sweet potato chips story pin on their today tab which brought lots and lots of new followers very quickly.  That particular pin got hundreds of thousands of impressions and has been saved 2.59 thousand times since posted in May.  It doesn't link to my blog, but I always write my blog address in the ingredient page.  My other story pins haven't done as well, but they have done well.  I don't spend a long time making them.  I use a cover photo that does well on a regular pin, but add recipe step photos to the story pins.  They only take a few minutes to make.  

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/197454764902499958/

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @seattlecrystal, great topic to start! I'd recommend taking a peek at this thread that has some best practices shared from other members in the community and also checking out our FAQ on Story Pins. Hope this helps! 🙂 

@jessie_voigts thanks for flagging this and the feedback, I've made a note to share with our team for review. Did you get an error message of any sort when you were creating the Story Pin? Or did the app just freeze? 

1 Kudo