Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Starting an E-commerce Site. Tips and suggestions?

RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly
Labels (2)

Hey Everyone, 

I am thinking to start an E-commerce & want to use Pinterest as my main Advertising(paid & No-Paid). Does anyone have any tips? 

This is an open discussion. So feel free to add any tip of tips for selling on Pinterest.

Thanks Everyone

4 Kudos
11 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Great thread to start and can't wait to hear everyone else's suggestions. 😎

I'll kick off by sharing out some resources from our Help Center, which provides a wealth of info on everything involving advertising on Pinterest. Take a peek and let us know your thoughts!

1. Campaign Structure 
  2. Campaign Objectives 
  3. Promoted Pins Overview 
  4. Edit Promoted Pins 
  5. Advertising Guidelines 
  6. Creative Guide 
  7. Business success stories 
  8. Promoted Pins support 

6 Kudos
vamicreations1
Posts regularly

Thank you for this @PinterestGabby ! Awesome resources and thank you! I'll be looking through these too. 🙂

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Thank you @PinterestGabby  those resources were very helpful!

I think pinterest is a great platform and you should do a deep research before starting your business.

Create to do list.

Learn more about pinterest and how to use it efficiently.

Find some people who is already doing what you want to do and try to figure out their business strategy. Also write your own business plans. Having a written plan with your projected results and personal goals is the best way to stay on track.

I hope that helps. 🙂

Sophia

2 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

I think it is important to start by reviewing your niche. What are your competitors doing good and what are they doing bad? How are you going to differentiate yourselves from them? I think these questions are important because you want to stand out to your audience.

Along with this, it will give you good guidelines when creating your pins to drive traffic.

4 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

Let's say someone wanted to sell T-shirts for a starting point for their audience. How would someone start this? Should they use a print-on-demand company? However, if they do this; then where do they resource pictures for their pins? 

I'm very interested in this too. I direct all traffic to my blog as of right now and would like to start selling also. 

3 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Great Insight @AmericanoCrystals 

When researching people are what things are you typical looking for? Do you create a check list for that? 

Thanks for responding 

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

@thelivehim Great feedback.

I try to look for certain things that my competitors create & I pin them to my boards. The goal is to try and get more traffic to my account. Do you think that hurts your account or improves it? And if it does help should you have a certain mix between their content and yours. 

I'd love to hear your thoughts on these! 

Thanks

3 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

That is a great question. I'm more of a believer that if you provide value to your customers, then they will be loyal to you. For example, if your competitor had a resource on how to clean wood floors effectively and efficiently and you trusted it; why wouldn't you want to share that with your audience? 

However, I also believe that you don't want to saturate your audience with content that isn't yours. I believe this because if they are essentially using you as a middlemen for information, what will stop them from just receiving the information from the resource itself. 

Good question again! What are your thoughts on this?

3 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi, as we are selling crystal and shiny products we used keywords such as crystal, shine, sparkle etc. 
After researching this keywords we created a check list including some global brands and individuals who are in this business.
We also created keyword list, hashtags, target auidience and then started run ads due to information we collected.

Good luck! @RealWoodFloorsWP 

2 Kudos