cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow response time from Pinterest Help Desk

Highlighted
Posts regularly

I was told this morning that an issue I've been dealing with for two weeks would not be resolved for up to another eight weeks, but maybe they'll get to it before that. Then the Pinterest Help Desk closed the ticket. 

When I type a pin description on the mobile app on an iPhone, Pinterest suggest three accounts for my pin description. It's the weirdest thing. Why would I use someone's user name as a description? Why would they want it? The practical effect is that these suggestions block my ability to see what I am typing and add my URL. My work around is to cut and paste in notes and then drop the information into the mobile app. But it's completely destroyed any sort of spontaneity. 

Pinterest Help Desk has given me no explanation of why this will take 2 months to fix or why it is a problem at all. I can't tell if this is a glitch or if it is a security vulnerability. From my end it seems like another way spammers are destroying Pinterest. I've gone through all the suggestions of reinstalling the app and rebooting my phone, etc. 

But seriously 10 weeks to solve a problem from beginning to end?

@PinterestGabby any thoughts?

Chris

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Posts regularly

@theburntsunsetnovel same thing is going on with my app...I'm pretty sure it's just a glitch again xD

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey you two, thanks for flagging -- can you both file a new ticket and follow-up here with the ticket # so we can escalate to our team for troubleshooting? Please use this form. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

I discovered this morning that the names suggested also appear under Pinterest messaging. Turning off Pinterest messaging from my  business account under account settings on both my iPhone and Mac seemed to fix the bug.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Posts regularly

Solution posted above. It's still a bug in the system, but the work around for me is not horrible (turning off messaging).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for posting the workaround here, @theburntsunsetnovel! I've shared this with the team as an FYI. 

0 Kudos